The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ignition Coil Pack.. Could I use one from a Pinto?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Ignition Coil Pack.. Could I use one from a Pinto?

I am thinking of changing my coil packs, and I wanted to know would it hurt my ride to change one? The other will follow in about two weeks..

Let me know

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar

Re: Ignition Coil Pack.. Could I use one from a Pinto?

Quote Originally Posted by ZionLion
    I am thinking of changing my coil packs, and I wanted to know would it hurt my ride to change one? The other will follow in about two weeks..

Let me know
    the coil pack in my I4 went so i replaced it with a used 1. it worked out great for me. some member here was parting out his car and i bought the coil packs off him. if your coil pack went bad, you should be getting the SES light on. is that happening?
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Nope, no SES Light. I am just losing power at take off and it seems to skip while driving. At first I thought it was the transmission, but now it seems to be something electrical. My gas mileage has gone straight to hell..

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZionLion
    Nope, no SES Light. I am just losing power at take off and it seems to skip while driving. At first I thought it was the transmission, but now it seems to be something electrical. My gas mileage has gone straight to hell..
    how long ago did you change your spark plugs? did you ever get a good tune up in your car? cuz if it was your coil pack, you should be misfiring.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4