The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: meagan lowering springs

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

meagan lowering springs

how much are they? i found some at andysautosports.com for under $100.

http://www.andysautosport.com/mitsub...a00087880.html

is this legit? if so im dropping my 8g on thursday.

Experienced TGC Member
    yes, they're good springs. THey're new on the market, but thus far (with the members that have them) there have been no complaints. I highly suggest upgrading to KYB-AGX or GR2s though
    -Chris

Yeah, I got mine for less than $100. Got then installed in June along with the GR2's and I have been very pleased. I did have to get a camber kit to ajust the negative camber. But the stance looks good, and the ride isn't bad at all. Over all for the money(compared to the price for the tien's and etc), I say it was worth it.

Here's mine with the Megan's

how hard are the springs to install? is there a walkthrough or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_pj
    how hard are the springs to install? is there a walkthrough or something?
    here's one...

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=36343

what all do i need to put besides the lowering springs, because i am thinking of having them installed, and want to know how much to expect to pay.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    you NEED the springs, you should get the shocks struts but if you don you will NEED them soon anyway because the stock ones will blow if you do them youself you will need a ratchet (torque wrench) pry bar etc depends on your car and how rusty etc it is.... and a spring compressor if you take it somewhere and provide the springs and shocks it shouldnt cost much they bolt right up.......there are lots of threads here especially on lowering and tutorialsd etc on it i suggest you search in the future

hey i was just wondering if someone could give me an idea of how much it would cost for everything to lower my G, just tryin to get a ballpark, thanks, im only lookin to go down like an inch or so

I had about $500 in mine all together. That includes the springs, new struts, camber kit and labor of the install. You might not need the camber kit if you're only going one inch or so. This is how mine broke down:

Springs $119 shipped
    KYB-GR-2's $195
    SPC Camber Kit $60
    Install $200
    Alignment $80

dont' forget new rear upper shock mount bushings.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I got a set myself and have no problems with the install. i also got the gr2's from kyb and did the "home depot camber kit" which can be found in the techs. But i did have a few issues and decided that after a year of a funny noise in the back, that i would go to the real camber kit on the rear.
    2001 Mitsu Galant ES 4Cyl.

Re: meagan lowering springs

how much are they? i found some at andysautosports.com for under $100.

http://www.andysautosport.com/mitsub...a00087880.html

is this legit? if so im dropping my 8g on thursday.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

the 90.35 is for each set. if you read the description it says the springs are sold in sets of 4. and if that isn't enough to convince u. add it to your cart and see if u can just buy what u think is 1 spring.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ive had the megan springs in for almost two years no problems the stance is perfect! u will def need a camber kit and after a while you will need shocks n struts im ordering a set of agx this week

how long is a while? and where and how much is the camber kit?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    how long is a while? and where and how much is the camber kit?
    a while depends on your car but it is not a long while, maybee weeks to if your lucky a month or 2, but wth stock shocks/struts the ride is going to be even worse

a while would be whenever you can afford them tax time is usually when im able to do anything to my car. just search the internet for camber kits there are some pretty expensive sets but i think the set i got was under 50 bucks. sorry i dont have the name in front of me. i'll look around the shop tomorrow if i find the info i'll let u know

Here's the listing where I got my camber kit from. I got mine for $60 shipped and it works great.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQs...amlinemotoring

You have to look under Eclipse though, it's not listed for the G. But it's the same aplication.

I paid $100 plus shipping for the set from megan racing's ebay site. i have really enjoyed mine and had almost no trouble putting them in. if you are wanting to do it yourself, spend the $50 at auto zone and rent the spring compressor kit. you will need it for the front springs!! plus, you get the 50 spot back when you return the kit.
    2001 Mitsu Galant ES 4Cyl.