The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Redline QuickLIFTs

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Redline QuickLIFTs

For those of you that bought the QuickLIFT, step 15 of the instructions says to cycle each gas spring before installing. I held it by the thick cylindrical end just like it says and tried to compress it down on the ground but it didn't want to move at all. I tried it multiple times pushing down on it pretty hard but still nothing. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Yes.

I swear to God it will cycle. Just find something to press down on top with so you don't kill your hand. Make sure it's on something it won't slip on.

I totally didn't believe them either but the dude at Redline promised it would if I could just keep it steady and put enough force into it. Apparently the ones for the Galant are the beefiest ones he has.

Just put your Ki into it.

I'm a weakling and I did it. So just give yourself a hernia if you have to. It WILL move...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    why not just install it and open and close the hood like 50x?

I don't remember. But I do remember that the guy on the phone had a good reason.

haha. the best news ive heard all day. im gonna try it first thing in the AM. What did you use to press down on top of it with? I guess I can try to use a thick book.

i put one end on the ground. the other end on one hand. then put the other hand on the cylinder so it won't slip as you push down with your weight. let gravity work for you.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I used a book on top, carpet on bottom.

how much does a set of those cost? my old car used to have that set-up and I liked them a lot.

check out the vendors set wesellcarparts has them. they are like a hundred and change
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by mrjaydeeone
    check out the vendors set wesellcarparts has them. they are like a hundred and change
    they should also have a lower end model thats like 60 something

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.