The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wrong Rear Lower Tie Bar?

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    Galant_00

Wrong Rear Lower Tie Bar?

I just recieved my rear lower tie bar but on the box its says it is for a 95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse. Is this the wrong bar, because I though the only suspension components that is compatible with 8G Galants were those from a 3G Eclipse. Please give me any feedback, I don't want to install it and run into any trouble in the future, thats if it will even fit. Thanks

8G_GTZ
    i'll take it from you

but no, it won't fit. you're right about the 3G eclipse.

Steve

yes it will fit. if it's adjustable most of the ones that we get are adjustable and it will fit an 8G. if it's not adjustable then try it so we all can know. mine is for teh 2nd Gen eclipse went on like a glove, and i don't mean OJs
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Galant_00
    So do you think I should try and go get it installed, or just save up for the D3 Design Stiffening Kit and a set of RDSM(not sure if that is the name) sway bars? I really want to fine tune my suspension and make it handle as best as possible. Thanks again

you can do it yourself all you need is the sockets to take the nuts off, and a breaker bar. it shouldn't take you an hour to do it.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Galant_00
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>you can do it yourself all you need is the sockets to take the nuts off, and a breaker bar. it shouldn't take you an hour to do it.</div>

Aight then, I will go ahead and try to install it myself. But one more question, after you installed it to you notice a big difference in handling? Thanks

the tie bar is strictly for looks. if you look at where its bolting up to you'll realize that the tie bar would do nothing if that piece ever flexed.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i dunno mayb it's a mental thing but when I put mine on i noticed a little difference. I am thinking of getting a new one if I get a new rear bumper so If I do then I'll take it off and see if there is any difference. but my initial install I do remember some change
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Galant_00
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the tie bar is strictly for looks. if you look at where its bolting up to you'll realize that the tie bar would do nothing if that piece ever flexed.</div>

Well in that case, I'll just save up for the following set up. Thanks to all for the feedback

Setup:

RMDSM Sway Bars
    http://www.rernetworking.com/rmdsm/3G_bars.htm

Chassis Stiffening Kit
    http://www.dthreedesigns.com/shoppingcart....&password=Guest

Hello! Has anyone here actually installed the RMDSM sway bar kit (#MV-RMDSM3GV6) on an 8th generation Galant? I ask because I contacted RMDSM regarding proper fitmet, since the kit was designed for the 3rd Gen Eclipse, and this is the reply I received;
    "Hi Bob,
    Thank you for your inquiry. Without RMDSM doing a 3G test fitting on a 02 Galant, I do not know if they will fit. You would think that they would fit. I will try to get some info" I'm awaiting further details.

Quote Originally Posted by GSpeed
    Hello! Has anyone here actually installed the RMDSM sway bar kit (#MV-RMDSM3GV6) on an 8th generation Galant? I ask because I contacted RMDSM regarding proper fitmet, since the kit was designed for the 3rd Gen Eclipse, and this is the reply I received;
    "Hi Bob,
    Thank you for your inquiry. Without RMDSM doing a 3G test fitting on a 02 Galant, I do not know if they will fit. You would think that they would fit. I will try to get some info" I'm awaiting further details.
    The only thing that kept us Galant owners from using the ST rear sway bar for the 3G Eclipse was that it hit the jack point on the spare tire well. The same problem exists for the 2G Stratus coupe owners. But, the RMDSM bars do fit the 2G Stratus coupe, so it should fit our 8G Galants just the same. So, if you want those bars, buy them and don't worry about them not fitting.

I've received a reply regarding the fitment of the RMDSM sway bars. Here it is;
    "Hi Bob,
    I have been unable to obtain any fitment info. I guess now it's just the matter finding someone to use their car as a guinea pig of doing a test fitting." Danjer Danj, I appreciate your comments, thanks. I'd really hate to spend the money not knowing if they will fit without modification. If I'm able to return them fine. I've also mentioned the concern of the 'jack point" to RMDSM. By the way, do you know the 2G Stratus owner who has the bars installed?

Quote Originally Posted by GSpeed
    I've received a reply regarding the fitment of the RMDSM sway bars. Here it is;
    "Hi Bob,
    I have been unable to obtain any fitment info. I guess now it's just the matter finding someone to use their car as a guinea pig of doing a test fitting." Danjer Danj, I appreciate your comments, thanks. I'd really hate to spend the money not knowing if they will fit without modification. If I'm able to return them fine. I've also mentioned the concern of the 'jack point" to RMDSM. By the way, do you know the 2G Stratus owner who has the bars installed?
    Just get the RMDSM sway bars. If they don't fit, I'll buy them from you. No joke. That's how sure I am that they will fit.

A few people on www.2gstratus.org have the RMDSM sway bars, but proteus_2k2 comes to mind.

http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/index.php?...showtopic=22832
    http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/index.php?...showtopic=16417
    http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/index.php?...showtopic=17914
    http://www.2gstratus.org/forums/index.php?...showtopic=20699

Should be placing order soon. I will update regarding install and fitment!

My apologies for not updating since last post. Had the sway bars installed with no fitment problems!!!!!!

2 years later.... dang. thanks for the update

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

how about some pics? and how does it feel any different from stock?