The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need help... don't know what to do....

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

need help... don't know what to do....

my maf sensor blew out my car would die out when in a stop light. i unpluged the maf sensor and the idle went back to normal but when i started the car again it started flickering up and down... what shoul i do aside from buying a new sensor...

Well i'll assume that since you don't want to spend the money to replace it, you wouldnt want to spend money to upgrade to a gm maft, but other than that find one at a junkyard. you can use one from any 2g eclipse turbo or a 7/8g galant.

Quote Originally Posted by laxinwarrior
    Well i'll assume that since you don't want to spend the money to replace it, you wouldnt want to spend money to upgrade to a gm maft, but other than that find one at a junkyard. you can use one from any 2g eclipse turbo or a 7/8g galant.
    x2
    7G SOHC 5SPD

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    How do you know it was the MAF? Did you get a CEL for it?
    7g for life!

Assuming it is truely your MAF that is messing up you could try cleaning the platinum wire with MAF cleaner. MAF sensor cleaner is a spray can product (CRC makes it) that can remove the build up on the platinum wire which is one of the causes for the MAF to mess up. Don't rub or scrap anything on the wire for fear of damaging it; just spray the cleaner on it and let it sit. Repeat numerous times. Allow the unit to dry completely before reinstalling. The product is available at carquest, O'Reily and Advance Auto parts stores.

i'm new on working on car's what's a cell...

i don't mind spensing the money on my G i'm just low on funds since i just change my trany and worked on my a/c... looking for quick remedy's till have enuf to do major work on my G.

CEL is shorthand for " check engine light "

Proto
    Idle up and down sounds like the IAC

x2 make sure your iac plug didnt come unpluged happended to me a few times. Seems like something stupid but never hurts to check

x2^^
    i ended up duct taping mine on, that thing falls off all the time