The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dismantling wood grain pieces on dash

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Dismantling wood grain pieces on dash

I searched for this and could not find anything on it. i am looking to take the wood grain off to paint it and i don't want to break the plastic pieces. Does anyone know where i can find a tutorial for this.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar

Re: Dismantling wood grain pieces on dash

Quote Originally Posted by galantracer97
    I searched for this and could not find anything on it. i am looking to take the wood grain off to paint it and i don't want to break the plastic pieces. Does anyone know where i can find a tutorial for this.
    for the fake wood on the doors, you have to take off the door panel. and for the radio and shifter, you just pop it out with a flat head screw driver.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

ok thanks

ok thanks
    no problem... when you take off the door panel, make sure your window is down.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    if it's a 7g, you need to pop the shifter trim out,m then there are 2 screws that come out, also remove the ash tray. place the shifter in drive or oven low to get the dash trim out easily. other wise you risk creasing the side of the radio bezel. you'll need to un hook all the button, defrost, air circulation, ash tray light, cig lighter, light, power, and ground

As far as vents they just pop out, the gauge cluster has two screws in the top, buttons next to the steering wheel pop out

well i got "woodgrain" off but the piece that goes around the shifter lost a little off the corner i should be able to glue that back on but my concern is 3/4 clips ae now broke off.

well i got "woodgrain" off but the piece that goes around the shifter lost a little off the corner i should be able to glue that back on but my concern is 3/4 clips ae now broke off.
    you drive an 8G right?

Quote Originally Posted by n3oAcid24
    you drive an 8G right?
    we are in the 7G section, and his name is "galantracer97"

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    you drive an 8G right?
    i didnt notice that. i was going to tell him i had a spare one i could give him...

Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    you drive an 8G right?
    i didnt notice that. i was going to tell him i had a spare one i could give him...
    the trim pieces are so cheap i've broken 3 of them

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Just to let you know i am driving a 98 now i sold my 97

still 7g

i know this i was jsut saying that the name i have is from my old car that is all

Try to repare it and if it dosent work start hitting up the junkyards

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1