The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hp-rating galant v6 vs Eclipse v6

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Hp-rating galant v6 vs Eclipse v6

Galant 195hp
    Eclipse GT 210 Hp

I believe above #'s are whats quoted in the brochures If I'm off sorry.

Where is the Eclipse different in the motor there both they same v6 platform and one pushes out more power. Is it the intake or exhaust or other?

Anyone know I want to harness the same stock power without the mods then work off that

THanks

195 Galant 205 Eclipse the have a better exhaust 2.5 instead of 2.25 minor tweaks to get better gains.

Wes
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Man™
    Search the boards first please!

195 Galant and 205 Eclipse were the pre 2002 models. After 2002, All V6 Galant and Eclipses where made into Cali Spec and detuned down to 190 for the Galant (same as the 99-2001 Cali Galants) and 200 for the Eclipse (just like the 99-2001 Cali Eclipse).

The only 210 HP Eclipse was the old GS-T or GSX 2G Eclipses.

Since you don't state where you're from, I don't know the legality of my advice, but you can always remove the catalytic converter or have a high flowing cat installed; a better after market muffler or a custom cat back muffler with mandrel bending. Up front, get a cold air intake system. Together, these should gain you at least 10 hp.

SuperchargedGTZ
    actually the new GTS eclipse has 210

I'm actually in Illinois a town wheres there no air pollution tests mandated on the cars here. If I can get my hands on a spare cat I think I will have one of my DSM people make me a test pipe this spring see what that will do for me.

Thanks for the advise.

also remember that the eclipse has a better tranny than the galant. meaning less drivetrain loss. but then that wouldn't matter anyways since those numbers u posted were from the crank and not the wheels

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GTZ27)</div><div class='quotemain'>actually the new GTS eclipse has 210</div>

You know I totally forgotten there is a GTS Eclipse. Actually, I know nothing about it. Never seen a picture, just heard the name. It may sound funny but I don't follow up on anything with the Eclipse anymore. I only try and focus on my own ride and TGC.

the only v6 with more HP is the GTS, due to a variable length intake manifold that none of the other v6s have.