The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oil Pressure Gauge Install.

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Oil Pressure Gauge Install.

I was looking at the tutorial and I had a couple questions that I was hoping I could get answered.

Do all 7th have the allen keys that are drain plugs?
    Also if theydo, for people who have did the turtorial, did any of you use a sealent so that oil wouldn't seep out throw the screw.

Thanks for any answers that are given.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Are you trying to unscrew one of the plugs on the oil filter housing? If you want to screw in the oil pressure sender unit to the housing you can remove one of the plugs. I would spray some PB blaster a few hours you decide to unscrew the plug and torch it for about 5 minutes and unscrew the plug. Before you screw in the oil pressure sender just wrap some teflon tape before you screw it in.

OR

You can buy a oil filter sandwhich adapter where it sit between the filter and the oil filter housing. It will have pret tapped ports to attach a oil pressure or oil temp sensors...they usually go for $30-$50 depending who's selling them. Much more simple to install..very straightforward.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    You can buy a oil filter sandwhich adapter where it sit between the filter and the oil filter housing. It will have pret tapped ports to attach a oil pressure or oil temp sensors...they usually go for $30-$50 depending who's selling them. Much more simple to install..very straightforward.
    what do you know,

I'm selling one as we speak.
    doesn't get any easier than that.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=55730
    its like it was meant to be.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo