The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car Died This Morning...

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Car Died This Morning...

So I got in the car as usual and began my journey to work. As soon as I got on the main street and started to accelerate, nothing...the car shut off steering locked up and I had to coast to the side of the road. What do you think is the problem...I'm typing this now from the side of the road (borrowing someone's internet connection). I tried and turn the car back on but nothing, won't turn over at all. There is corrosion on the battery, but I doubt that it would affect the car like that. When it happened the brake light came on but nothing else (no SES or anything). The brake pedal is hard and won't move. Anyone want to suggest what could be wrong?

Thanks for your help
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

does the radio work?

what happens when u try to start the car? nothing or do u at least hear the starter trying to start? or clicking?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

yes radio works, when you try to crank the car, you can hear it trying to start, just doesn't turn on. Doesn't look like its getting any spark to any of the plugs...
    -K. West

clean the corrosion around the battery posts. if you don't have a good connection to the battery, the electrical system will not work correctly.

corrosion was cleaned, car still won't start. Its in the shop now as we speak...thanks everyone who tried to help. I'll post when the diagnosis comes in.
    -K. West

well found out what happened, apparently the balance shaft broke and ended up getting wrapped around a couple of things. In the break i guess it took out the crank position sensor, which was the cause of car not starting. A couple hundred bux to get it squared away, and now the galant is back up and running like a champ. Again, thanks everyone for the help
    -K. West

Quote Originally Posted by jusmills
    well found out what happened, apparently the balance shaft broke and ended up getting wrapped around a couple of things. In the break i guess it took out the crank position sensor, which was the cause of car not starting. A couple hundred bux to get it squared away, and now the galant is back up and running like a champ. Again, thanks everyone for the help
    Glad to hear everything is ok now.
    Thanks for letting us know.