The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM TAIL LIGHS.. HELP

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

JDM TAIL LIGHS.. HELP

i ordered a pair of JDM tail lights. I have a 2000 galant.. this is the problem.. My stock tail lights that i took off had 3 holes for bulbs which is also how many bulbs i got.. The JDM has 4 holes.. it has 2 in the red one in the white stripe for the signal and obviously the reverse.. So i put the beak bulb in the red.. And the other red one that blinks for the turnin signal in the white strip.. Problem is at night when i put my haedlights on the red light is on and so does the signal in the white strip.. I only want the white strip 2 signal not be on all the time.. In the stock lights it was red and worked with the other red light just flashed wen i put on a signal. I was wondering if anybody had this prob or whhat to do.. Maybe if i cut the constant(which eva wire that is) it will only flash and not stay on .. THANKS ALOTT
    CHRiiSGUiiDO

Re: JDM TAIL LIGHS.. HELP

Quote Originally Posted by CraZydEuEceZZ
    iThe JDM has 4 holes.. it has 2 in the red one in the white stripe for the signal and obviously the reverse..
    Wow! Never heard about this. Man you're the 1st who found this. Can you provide more info.

maybe you got the 3rd gen tails? PICS!

TURBO= in the making.......

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

cant you use the altezza harness?
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

altezza harness has two smaller bulbs that would need replacing.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rez887
    iThe JDM has 4 holes.. it has 2 in the red one in the white stripe for the signal and obviously the reverse..
    Wow! Never heard about this. Man you're the 1st who found this. Can you provide more info.

good one!!

Rather than screw with the noobs, why don't the powers that be make it so that part of the account creation process involves stating that you have read the full page notice that one should search for things before asking anything, especially in their first few posts. :P

TGC Regular

i ordered a pair of JDM tail lights. I have a 2000 galant.. this is the problem.. My stock tail lights that i took off had 3 holes for bulbs which is also how many bulbs i got.. The JDM has 4 holes.. it has 2 in the red one in the white stripe for the signal and obviously the reverse.. So i put the beak bulb in the red.. And the other red one that blinks for the turnin signal in the white strip.. Problem is at night when i put my haedlights on the red light is on and so does the signal in the white strip.. I only want the white strip 2 signal not be on all the time.. In the stock lights it was red and worked with the other red light just flashed wen i put on a signal. I was wondering if anybody had this prob or whhat to do.. Maybe if i cut the constant(which eva wire that is) it will only flash and not stay on .. THANKS ALOTT
    They are not wired correctly, thats why thats happening

TGC Regular

Quote Originally Posted by rez887
    JDM tails uses 4 bulbs

use that search button :)

Quote Originally Posted by mindwerkz
    altezza harness has two smaller bulbs that would need replacing.
    I used the Altezza harness for my 3rd gen tails, and only one of the plugs was too small, the side indicator. The brake, turn and reverse lights I was able to use without much modification.

The stock 8g harness has dual filament bulb plugs, if you swith to single it should eliminate your problem. While your at the autoparts store, you should go ahead and get the 4th bulb harness to really make it work right.