The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Black bumper mesh ~ABS/Plastic~ Anyone seen any to buy?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Black bumper mesh ~ABS/Plastic~ Anyone seen any to buy?

I'm getting ready to change out the mesh in my bodykit bump center(emblem area) I have honeycomb aluminumm mesh now, wanting to change it over to black mesh; probably out of abs/plastic... mainly because I'm worried just painting the mesh would chip/weather to easy and would look bad in no time. I know that the abs black mesh front bumps are all to common on factory bumps nowadays but.... Has anyone seen any place or have any ideas where I could get some black mesh made out of abs/plastic?

theres a thread about it if i remember correctly,
    its somthing at home depot thats designed for gutters i think.

it's called gutter guard

yeah i know about gutter guard... just was wanting something better quality/heavier

they have some something like gutter guard at home lowes, but its a little tuffer, i fergot what its called ask them for something simular but stonger.. we used it on my freinds 350z..ill try to find out
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

try a google search for perforated plastic.

im using a metal lathe that they use for stucco as my mesh. comes in big sheets for like 8 bucks. easy to wrok with, just wear gloves.

painted it with black engine enamel and chipping wasn't an issue for me.

powdercoating is another option but kinda $$

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    try a google search for perforated plastic.

im using a metal lathe that they use for stucco as my mesh. comes in big sheets for like 8 bucks. easy to wrok with, just wear gloves.

painted it with black engine enamel and chipping wasn't an issue for me.

powdercoating is another option but kinda $$
    1. google strangely had hardly nothing. I found one place that wanted $60+ for a sheet kinda pricey.
    2. The engine enamal... was it the high heat where u set it with heat? I wondered about that some.. but I thought it wasmore geared for coating high heat rather than chip resistance/toughness.
    3. yeah they say powedercoating is tough... but I don't like the "black" in powdercoat.. its not black enough :)
    I'm coming close to just using my extra bodykit mesh I have left over and use bedliner material to coat it. Only thing thats holding me back I think it might crack/peel.

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    they have some something like gutter guard at home lowes, but its a little tuffer, i fergot what its called ask them for something simular but stonger.. we used it on my freinds 350z..ill try to find out
    cool.. I'm gonna go into home depot tomorrow. I already looked at menards..nothin.
    I'l check lowes too. I konw this would be ideal.. beause its UV resistant and resist chipping.

the gutter guard at home depot is pretty tough. and it was on sale the other day for like $1.88! :D

Quote Originally Posted by wyliescott
    the gutter guard at home depot is pretty tough. and it was on sale the other day for like $1.88! :D
    did prices go up? that was like the standard price the last time i bought some.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I seen the gutter guard.. was hoping for something a little stronger and cleaner/nicer looking. I just might end up using it though.. I had my front bump off for about a month trying to decide what to use. I did get black headlights on thought while it was off 8)

i guess it always goes on sale, i think the original price was like less than 3 bucks though! ha!