The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cv joint....

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

cv joint....

Ok well about 7months ago i had swapped out my transaxle when i blew my driver side balljoint. Well now on my driver side i have a hole in my cv joint and all the grease is everywhere. The only thing is the hole is in the second valley closest to the hub and its worn all the way around. My question is, Is there anything near the suspension and things that could possible be rubbing? When the ball joint broke it broke the transaxle and sway bar endlink so those were the only things that got changed. Also anyone know where i can get a good driver side transaxle? Cause with the amount of grease it lost and what happend the other day with me driving in mud. I just know its got a day left. Sitting on jackstand in my driveway waiting to be broke back down again.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    wow.. did you hit something down there?? you lowered too? might have hit something.. Broke back down again?? nice.. but just try the local junk.. good luck bud

No im not lowered yet...Im going to take the boot off and see how bad it is cause i can get a replacement boot for like $17 with grease so im goin to take the boot off and see what condition it is in and if the joint is dirty for anything im just goin to go buy a new one. I actually think i found out what is scrapping. My sway bar endlink broke and the nut flew off and it keeps on popping on and off of the endlink so i think that poped off and i was prob. goin 30 or so it prob. didnt take long for it to snag a hole in it.

Question....Ok what is the most simple way to replace the cv joint? I really dont want to take it all the way out, but i think that is what im going to have to do. I've already removed the cotter pin and the axle nut. Now im at taking off the lower ball joint nut and the coilover bolt.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Just unbolt the lower control arm from the chassis and thats it, the hub should be able to swing out and remove the axle from the hub then just pop the axle out from the trans. Probably will have to remove the strut fork from the lower control arm too, but thats it.
    7g for life!

Ya i know that part, i've done it before cause when my ball joint broke i had replace it before i was just wanting to do it as fast as possible. Also is there anyways i can slip the new boot on without haveing to dissasemble the cv joint? I ask as its bout to rain and were trying to get it done fast cause i need to move the car cause hail is a coming