The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: water in CAI problem solved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    I did something like that with sheet metal and self tapping screws instead of plastic and zip ties. I took it off about a year ago when I decided a couple of unnoticeable horsepower was not worth paying for a new engine.

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    So y'all are saying that you could just save your money and get a short ram instead of getting a cold air intake because there is not a real big difference in horsepower that you can feel and may be a little slugglish.. am I understanding this right? I was planning on getting an Injen CAI, but hell, if I can save some money... lol
    ~Lady Driven~

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity
    So y'all are saying that you could just save your money and get a short ram instead of getting a cold air intake because there is not a real big difference in horsepower that you can feel and may be a little slugglish.. am I understanding this right? I was planning on getting an Injen CAI, but hell, if I can save some money... lol
    Well, there are a few extra horses with a CAI, but once all that power is transfered to the wheels it really only equates to about 1-2 extra hp. If my bypass filter didn't break in the accident, I'd still have mine set up for cold air. Without that bypass, if your filter ends up getting completely submerged, you will suck water into the engine. As for the sluggishness, I don't know what that's about. I didn't get that with my CAI, but I have a V6, so maybe it's with the i4... I don't know.

Seriously, if you feel a CAI isn't worth the extra 1-2 hp, then don't even bother with a full short ram unless you are going for looks as well. Because if you don't care about looks and you want to save money, it would be cheaper to just get a cone filter and MAS adapter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12