22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tein SSP Dampers (Full kit)

5 22.73%
  • Megan Racing Dampers (full kit)

17 77.27%

Thread: What you would buy?

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

What you would buy?

I'd like opinions on what people think of between the Megan racing or Tein SSP damper kits?

Experience preferred, but opinions are welcome.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    i say you go and get the Megan ones. some member has them on here man. they say they are good. less expensive too. well that shouldnt matter to you but still....
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Well from the review that I have read on Club3G the Megan's are getting a standing ovation. And the Teins are well......we know how they are. The decision is really on you & your budget.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    agreed, the teins are a well known brand with many reviews, i have them and i like them a lot, plus you have the option of the edfc, but i have heard only great things about megan and they are more adjustable....both are great seutps but its really up to you in the end

Proto
    S-Lines car rode smooth on his megans. Great stance also. 8G_GTZ has them also.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I myself would go with the Megans on the pure fact of adjustability vs price. But I only have experience with crap suspension.

/me waits for John to chirp in :)
    7g for life!

hey i was in the same situation as you last month. I talked to S-line since he has megans and he told me his friend with tein ss rode in his car and said his were much smoother. Plus readin club3g reviews i decided to get the megans. Save your self money and get those.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    hey i was in the same situation as you last month. I talked to S-line since he has megans and he told me his friend with tein ss rode in his car and said his were much smoother. Plus readin club3g reviews i decided to get the megans. Save your self money and get those.
    So he was saying the teins were smoother?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    He was saying the megans were smoother...what's ground control coil over? I saw these kits on Ebay for about $250 Skunk2 brand...

no the megans were smoother
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

I heard that the megans were really good. I would get those and if you didn't like them you could always sell'em real fast on here.

BTW has anybody heard of these...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1692803&rd=1,1

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by legendx
    I heard that the megans were really good. I would get those and if you didn't like them you could always sell'em real fast on here.

BTW has anybody heard of these...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1692803&rd=1,1
    I hope that those were not the struts for the G cause they don't look like that. But anyways I had Vogtland springs on my Jetta & they were smooth & resposive.

You can't go by that. There are way too many variables to factor in. First, what are the spring rates of the Megans as opposed to the Teins? Second, what were the dampers set to on each? How low were each set at? What size rims and tires did they have?

All of that has alot to do with how smooth or rough the ride is, it doesn't mean that the Megans are better at all. If anyone is more for comfort than actual handling, stick with lowering springs with a softer spring rate and save yourself some money. If you are serious about handling, you would want stiffer spring rates and would most likely set the dampers to a fairly stiff setting that will make you feel all the bumps.

With all of that being said, the Megans have the same spring rates as the Teins... they have independent ride height like the JICs do and the Teins do not... plus from what I hear, they are made in the same factory that Apex'i uses. So, if I didn't have the Tein SS-P dampers and was looking for some, I'd definitely go with Megan. I'm just curious which ones actually offer better handling. But, seeing as I don't race on a track, it seems that Megan has a better streetable setup for a great price.

Well from my experience driving on these for about 7 months now....these are better (price mostly the factor) then teins. Tein ss-p are great.....especially the feature of EDFC to adjust damper from inside the car. Now it only takes me 1 mins to change the damper on all 4 but if I'm not satisfied I have to get back out and change the front and the back.

I drove on the megans on just about all levels of damper. They are very street friendly which is awesome and track friendly. I actually had a chance to do a lil auto x here in MD and set the damper up a bit to get more stability and WOW :shock:

You can't beat the price, lets be real. We all like to save a lil bit of money and still have the same quality as the more expensive alternative. Well Megans is it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I couldnt have said it better than S-Line. I had the TEIN SSP's in my car, I sold them because I didnt like how low they made the car, even at their highest setting. I have since bought the megans, but havent installed them yet. However, I have driven a car with JIC's which have the same adjustablilty as megan, and I liked the JIC's better then Tein, thats why I went with Megan because they are nearly identical to JIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS