The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fast blink one side

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

fast blink one side

Well i finally got around to clearing my corners last weekend and put in 1157 silverstars. now my right side blinks normally, but my left side blinks fast. i bought the bulbs in a pack together and they have the same numbers on them, so i would assume they have the same specs. both front and back blinkers are functional. Not a huge deal since they do work, just wondering if anyone knows whats up. thanks

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    the front and back run together so if one blinks faster means that your rear bulb is out for that side.

sometimes aftermarket bulbs have smaller contacts on them than the factory bulbs. if your bulbs are new, you might want to look into the bulb socket and pull up on the contacts so that they contact the bulb better

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

if all of these fail then the connector on one of the bulbs has burnt out. ive went through both sides already
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    before you do all that, put the old bulb in the socket that's blinking fast. that's gonna give you an idea of whether it is the new bulb or not.
    -Pedro

well i finally decided to get smart and took a look at the light at night. turns out one of the filaments is bad. it doesnt appear to be broken but its not working. so it works semi-properly - i suppose it adjusts itself - the light works when my head or parking lights are switched on and it blinks, but when it blinks, it goes completely off on off on instead of bright dim bright dim. oh well

take it back and have them give you a new one...simplest solution