The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: air horns

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

air horns

i am hooking up some air horns and need to find the horns postitve wire.

i hooked up everything hoses small compressor and all but i didn't ge the right horn wire from the stock horn. when i hook it into one of the wire sit just starts cycling through them. you don't even press the horn and it starts cycling through them.

any help would be great

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

are the horn wires you have hooked up now hooked up to a relay or something or directly to the air horns? i was talking with proto and the 7g has a negative and a positive wire, but nonetheless, the horns still shouldn't cycle through even if you hooked those wires wrong.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

it goes to a relay first

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

sounds like your relay might be hooked up wrong

i'm going to check it out tomorrow morning

do you have a voltmeter or a test light?

ya i got a multi meter

hook it up to the two wires going to the horn.

if the black wire is with the ground and the red wire is with the positive horn wire, you'll read a postive 12 volts. if its backwards, then it will read a negative 12 volts.

once you got that established. take the positive horn wire and connect one end to the volt meter, and then connect the other end to any ole ground. if it only reads 12 volts when you hit the horn, thats your trigger wire. if it hits 12 volts even without the horn, then the negative wire is the trigger wire.

thats how i'd do it without reading too deep into the 7g circuit manuals

thanks for the help, i will let you know tomorrow how it went.

Proto
    You're positive horn wire is red, black being negative. I believe the horn is right under your pass headlight. Follow the diagram exact, had that problem with my supertones. It goes positive wire to relay, relay to battery, relay to horns, horns grounded to negative, relay grounded at bolt. If you need help we can make a minimeet again