The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: tranny swaap

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    B Roc

tranny swaap

Does anyone know if I can swap a automatic tranny to a manual, and about how much it costs :?:

norcal has done this in the stratus which is basically the same as our cars. the price was arouun $4,000.00 if i remember correctly.

Yup and that's just for the kit I specualte it's going to be around 8-10,000 total after installation.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yup and that's just for the kit I specualte it's going to be around 8-10,000 total after installation.</div>

That sounds just bout right.. I know of someone who did it already but on a 2g cip, he spent about 7'gs with a stage 2 street clutch..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

remember, youre gonna need new axles and mounts, a new ECM, shift linkages, cables, clutch pieces, etc.

T-O-P
    10K for parts and labor? Yo man that's a little steep. That tranny better be an aftermarket AND bulletproofed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T-O-P)</div><div class='quotemain'>10K for parts and labor? Yo man that's a little steep. That tranny better be an aftermarket AND bulletproofed.</div>

if u think about it, its like ur pretty much rebuilding a car. the only thing is, ur modifying a car to have something that it wasn't equipped with.

but im guessing u can make some of ur money back selling ur old parts. won't be alot but it is in ur favor

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Gilhuly
    Really if you want the most cost effective solution sell the Galant and buy either an eclipse or a Stratus R/T manual and put in a heavy duty clutch after you burn up the stock one