The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car wont start...

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    Proto

Car wont start...

I know this is for a 7G basically the same as my 2G.

I completed my 5 speed swap tonight, rewired the inhibitor switch for the starter solenoid and such. The car keeps trying to start but won't fire up. I don't have clutch sensors hooked up since I can only find the connector for the front switch. I am really clueless on why it won't start up. Any ideas?

The clutch sensor acts like the inhibitor switch: only allowing the car to start when it is pressed as a saftey feature so IMO that shouldnt be a problem. The only thing that comes to mind is the rewire thing. I suggest trying to put the inhibitor switch back on and make sure the switch is in park or neutral then try to start it. Did you take any wiring loose elsewhere? Anybody else have any ideas?

Proto
    The ones on the thermostat housing (my friend did this one) but I hooked them back in place. I cant put the inhibitor switch back since I dont have my AT anymore.

Hmm you might wanna check those again for loose wires.....if they are loose ,broken sensor bad, ect...... the car wont start. You might wanna check for codes using, if possible, (dont know about 2g's) ground the terminal and see if you have any ECT or other codes stored :)

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Make sure the park wire/switch is in the park position.
    7g for life!

just smack it with a mallet a few times.. lol it should start up
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Hmm don't want to offer a silly response but when i did my swap it felt like the car wanted to sart but wouldn't... Turned out my battery died since it had been sitting for a long amount of time.. I went to the local advance auto and they tested it... Replaced with a new one and the car started right up...

Hopefully your problem is this simple to fix :?:
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Proto
    My ecu fried somehow during the swap. I replaced my 95 EPROM ecu with a spare 98 gst ecu I had, rearranged the firing order accordingly and drove my car. I can feel a HELL of a difference compared to the auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto
    My ecu fried somehow during the swap. I replaced my 95 EPROM ecu with a spare 98 gst ecu I had, rearranged the firing order accordingly and drove my car. I can feel a HELL of a difference compared to the auto.
    Would you mind giving/selling me your EPROM ECU? hehe its worth a shot...
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

Proto
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwikfox
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Kwikfox
    no
    haha I figured as much :D But it was worth a shot....
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    good going.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678