The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HELP! those of you with JDM headlights..

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

HELP! those of you with JDM headlights..

the headlights were going on today but the guy at the shop cant seem to make the headlights completely flush...he already grinded down some metal and some of the actually plastic on the headlights but still it's not even...any of you guys have pics of how you got yours in right or know how to do it right? (lazarus, reelax, etc...?)

From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

i had to notch the tranny cooler and bend the rails forward and back (2 sets of rails) to get them in. then i drilled a hole thru the mounting tabs on the housings and used a longer bolt to mount both the headlights and the tranny cooler. so i have 3 of 4 mounting locations used although i had to cut off the OE JDM upper inside mount (the housings have another tab / hole for mouunting to the bumper right under the grill and he outside 2 bolts should match perfect). they will fit really tight. i also had to trim some of the housing where the headlight meets the ranny cooler. just keep fitting them and you'll see where the plastic needs to be trimmed. i have about 1mm-2mm clearance to the tranny cooler. i believe lazarus actually had the whole tranny cooler tilted to get his in then he mounted the tranny cooler in that state. sorry i have yet to take any pictures because taking them out and re-installing is an ordeal, but they will fit, just take your time and trim in small amounts till you get them in. it took me 9+ hours of trial and error to get them to fit correctly.

yeah and it's taken me 3 weeks so don't feel bad. I have been doing trial and error as well and I have been getting crap from the cooler mounts. aaaaaaaaaa screw it im cutting the headlight a little tonight im getting to impatient :twisted: .
    Home sweet Home

thanks reelax..im going to print this out and show it to the guy at the shop see what he says.

I did WHat Reelax said and we were still having issues so what I ended up doing was tilting the radiator back a little do it would fit. made a new mounting bracket and put it in. it was a rush job but it's in now and I m going to go back and pull my hair out later over it. But I got ost of my help from Reelax.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

now the guy at the shop says that he cant make them flush because if he pushes it any more back it will be touching the radiator and unless the radiator itself gets pushed back or i get a smaller radiator he cant make them flush. what do i do?

geez my car is proof that they fit! tell him to bend the metal on the sides of the radiator and tranny cooler for more clearance. a picture says a thousand words... i'll try to take some pictures of what i had to cut and bend this weekend.

i've had mine in for a couple months now and just left it with about a quarter inch sticking out on both sides, that was the best i could do without have a head full of white hair. i cut and bent some of the radiator mounting and parts of the metal chasis... just try sticking in your headlights until they'll go in as far as possible then taking them out and see where the scratch marks are. hope it helps, goodluck