The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ride quality question

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Ride quality question

I'm looking for suggestions on improving ride quality for my 8G. I live in the NJ/NYC area and I can't stand driving around and feeling EVERY bump in the road. I'm currently using Megan Springs and KYB AGX's, both installed a little over a year ago. I have 18's as well but the tires aren't low profile. I tried every setting on the front shocks (can't reach the rear) and I can't seem to find a comfortable setting. Would I need to install something else along with the shocks to absorb or dampen the impact from the road? Any info is helpful.

i think its a price you have to pay for the stance. sorry man..

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    may be the springs a little as well,i believe the megans are a 2" drop which is pretty agressive, the #1 setting on the agx's is the softest setting and it should ride with that but, maybee because of the springs being so low....i had eibachs with my agx's and the ride was fine....which is a less agressive drop... on my old car i had tein stechs and the gr2s the ride was close to a stock feeling a little stiffer of course but very comfortable....another option which is a lot more expensive is to go with a true coilover kit like the teins or megans etc they are a lot more adjustable and have a variety of settings i had the tein coilovers and they ride nice once you find the right setting....i now have the megans which are a lot more adjustable in both stiffness and spring rate and once tuned is a great ride with awesome handleing....

also you have to have a low pro tire it wont fit without one? the largest you can probroblly go with 18's is maybee qa 45 series tire but more likely 40

oh and to get to teh rear shocks you have to remove the back seat, once you do hat you will see the towers and then you can turn the knob

you can always go back to eibach springs and get some tokico illumina's or koni shocks.

meagans and agx is a cheap cheap setup, there are definatly better higher yeilding options out there... with les comprimise.

Also.... you will gain a dramatic improvement in handling/ride quality if you get a 4 wheel alignment.
    this includes the installation of a rear camber kit to bring yoru geometry back to stock

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

but for the money he would spend on those shocks and springs which for the 8g is expensive.... why not just go with coilovers?....im sure if you just changed your springs to something less agressive it will be a little smoother of a ride