The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Suspension Cost$

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Suspension Cost$

hopefully this has not already been addressed, but i was curious as to how much i can expect to pay all-in-all for getting springs/shocks, etc ( i know it depends on the brands,) but how much did you guys pay for a suspension setup and how much could i expect to be charged to have it installed?? thanks for any feedback

well from what i know of they got a set of H & R sport springs for 141 @ tirerack.com. i placed the order just yesterday so i should get them this week coming up. they also carry kyb gr2 shocks but my shocks are still working well so i'll hold off on those. so when the time comes i can install the springs and shocks when i need em, which should be soon. :D

A decent set of springs and struts with labor should be around $500-800 depending on the struts and springs used, and if it needs strut and shock mounts or not. Though if your lowering the vehicle I'd recommend them.

yeah, i figured it would be in that range... gotta start saving, lol thanks!

hey. quick question, got my springs, gonna lower my car 2in, what else am i going to NEED to do this, i understand i can use my stock shocks, but not for long. im only going to drive it for 2weeks then its going to sit until spring, and ill just change the shocks in the spring. whats the minimum i need to do to lower it now.

Re: Suspension Cost$

Quote Originally Posted by 864Galant
    hopefully this has not already been addressed, but i was curious as to how much i can expect to pay all-in-all for getting springs/shocks, etc ( i know it depends on the brands,) but how much did you guys pay for a suspension setup and how much could i expect to be charged to have it installed?? thanks for any feedback
    i paid about $2000.00 for the suspension on my car, but you could do a quality system for around $750.

Quote Originally Posted by minnesoshan
    hey. quick question, got my springs, gonna lower my car 2in, what else am i going to NEED to do this, i understand i can use my stock shocks, but not for long. im only going to drive it for 2weeks then its going to sit until spring, and ill just change the shocks in the spring. whats the minimum i need to do to lower it now.
    bare minimum? aftermarket springs and a 4 wheel alignment.

ya, i have the springs, i just want to get it lowered in time for when i come home on R&R and ill only be home for 2 weeks, so my shocks should last. and ill get that all upgraded when i actually get out of this dump. no with that said, what do you think is recommended?

Quote Originally Posted by minnesoshan
    ya, i have the springs, i just want to get it lowered in time for when i come home on R&R and ill only be home for 2 weeks, so my shocks should last. and ill get that all upgraded when i actually get out of this dump. no with that said, what do you think is recommended?
    I lowered my car on springs less than 2 weeks after I bought it and the shocks lasted for almost 2 years. others have had their shocks blow out in a few weeks. it's kinda a crap shoot but the pre-existing mileage (on the shocks) is a big determining factor. the short answer is you should b fine on stock shocks for the short term, but inevitably they will turn your car into a bounce mobile when they do finally go bad.

how much longer are you gonna be away? i mean if you're just gonna come home for 2 weeks and then be gone again for another year or two, i say just hold off. within that year or two you might find an excellent deal on something better for cheap.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ya i have a 15month deploy im gonna be gone again for another 6 to 7 months