The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sway bar bushings!! HELP

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Sway bar bushings!! HELP

Whats up people in the Galant world. I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant with about 80k miles. I believe my sway bar bushings have gone bad. I called a couple car shops and they're all talking in the range of $170 - $200 to get them fixed. The question I have is
    #1 What exactly is the sway bar bushings

#2 What do they look like

#3 Is this something I can do for my damn self and save some money

Thanks for your inputs

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar

Re: Sway bar bushings!! HELP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(macknati)</div><div class='quotemain'>Whats up people in the Galant world. Â*I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant with about 80k miles. Â*I believe my sway bar bushings have gone bad. Â*I called a couple car shops and they're all talking in the range of $170 - $200 to get them fixed. Â*The question I have is
    #1 Â*What exactly is the sway bar bushings

#2 Â*What do they look like

#3 Is this something I can do for my damn self and save some money

Thanks for your inputs</div>

its something simple you can do man. ummmmm check out Energy Suspension. they should have the swaybar bushings. all you really do it take a wrench to the bolt on the bracket and loosen it and replace. basic stuff. let me know what else you need.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

also, if you want pictures, there are some around here, just run a quick search

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/mit.html

check that out man.... get the part# and look for the best pricing. you can also check out www.performancecenter.com i think they will sell them for our car. if not, check under the 2000-2004 eclipse.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

if you go to the autopparts store, you could get some "universal" ones for like 12 bucks

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I appreciate you guys input, it helps alot. I have one other thing. Im also noticing that when I go over bumps I here the front making noises now. It kinda sounds like the spring is jiggling around when I go over bumps. :twisted:

put the car up on stands and check all the components after removing the wheels. This will give you a better picture of what you may have loose.

good luck
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

if you look at number 15, the OEM sway bar bushings run about &#036;1.55.

https://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html

go to front suspension -> Stabilizer bar -> bushings

&#036;200 repair? this you can definitely do yourself with 2-4 floor jacks and tools.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Maybe they ment the sway bar end links were bad/broken? I would check those as well.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Maybe they ment the sway bar end links were bad/broken? I would check those as well.
    endlinks are #16. they cost &#036;16.09 or &#036;16.02 depending on the side of car.

still way under &#036;200

the reason its 200 bucks because the bushings won't install themselves.

you have to pay for the bushings.
    then the tech who works on the car has to eat, so you have to pay labor.
    then whatever shop does the work has to make money, so add that onto the labor costs.
    then you got those miscellaneous costs like shop fee, tax, etc.

its just a way of life.

and for some people, who might not have the proper tools and/area to do the work, taking it to the shop would be the safest thing to do.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

somebody change already the front sway bar bushings , because ihave to change, its looks easy , but anyone has a tutorial to do that , thanks in advance

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.