The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: peak boost

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

peak boost

what do u say is a great boost goal I am in the process of finishing my motor....I am trying to take it slow I just bought a 8g and I want to do it right....I call Road and race and I told them that I wanted to run 30psi....Now real talk I know that is crazy but maybe 25 to 27psi...what are you running and what is your set up.

Boosted 4g64t 57 trim or 60-1 have not made my mind up yet........
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

7G > 8G. =] But wrong forum, sorry I can't help you, I'm an N/A junky.
    1996 Galant S

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    It all depends on your turbo and what efficiency range it has. If you called road race and told them you wanted to run 30psi they probably think you are a ricer. Who cares what PSI you are running, how much HP do you want to make?

What motor are you talking about? 7g or 8g?
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Go for a big turbo that likes low boost levels. Your motor will like you more and last longer. Big boost = more stress on your rings and what not. Sure you can get a smaller turbo and run 30psi to make 350whp but if you got a bigger turbo that flows the same cfm at say 19psi. Your internals would see less stress and make the same power as the smaller and last longer. Also like seth said above it's all about were you want the power to be in the power band. You don't want a big turbo that spools at 4500 if you redline at 6k.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

okay well it is a 7g and thank you for the info on the turbo talk....I have not decided on what turbo but I will let you know what I choose.....what is seth and...........4g rim runnning on the 7g
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

Stock 14b @ 22psi dropping to 18 psi by redline. Right now just runing 16psi due to some fuel issures. I dont think my 18 year old injectors can keep up anymore haha.
    7g for life!

Seth has a 63T Kevin has a 64T just keep that in mind

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

True. Next motor will be a 4g64t DOHC though ... winter builds ftw!
    7g for life!

Small 16g @ 8-10 psi

222whp/250wtq

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Depending if the motor is stock or built ...what boost you run depends on the motor setup. Going BIG boost isn't the answer all the time...you can run lower boost with a real good tune and make progressive linear power which is always good. I have seen alot of times especially with Evo's with guys with GT35's or GT40+ turbos running 30+psi of boost getting owned all day with guys with well tuned stock 16g's running around 23 psi all day. Though its a different story if you get a well tuned Big turbo car..then the story is different. Alot of people that go all out boost most of the time don't tune it right and are actually slower or have really terrible powerbands.

A good example is my friend Tom with a Galant VR4. I posted pics of his dyno a couple of months ago. He has a built 4G63 with custom pistons with 11:1 compression ratio. Of course with power goodies like Pauter rods, head work, cams, etc etc running a GT35R. He kept the boost at 22psi the whole time of the dyno session..he was tuning the car for 22psi. (GT35R's are known for 30psi or more mind you) His first dyno run with a blind tuning map he made 425awhp. After 6 dyno runs later still at 22psi...he was able to make 600awhp on 22psi. This proves a good tune is important, and I have seen this in person.

I will recommend what my friend who is Jestr Tuning told me. Start off with small boost...tune and make max power there, then bump it up and repeat the steps and eventually you'll be able to understand what you have to do to make power as you progress to higher boost levels.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    True. Next motor will be a 4g64t DOHC though ... winter builds ftw!
    i'm still deciding what i'm gonna do to mine over the winter. but i like your thinking 8)

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

okay sounds good.......I am still deciding on pistons.....Well here is a question for eveyone....I want to run link on my 2.4....I have 95 eprom ecu and wiring harness.....dose anyone know where I can get the information on wiring this setup to the 2.4 with 1g head......with a cyclone intake manifold...I know that it is alot but if anyone knows HELP......
    Nice to be back!!!!