The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gas

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

gas

im getting bad gas mileage. I was getting about 330 to a tank about two weeks ago and now im getting about 240 to a tank. My car smells like gas but isnt leaking any gas that i can see. no spots nothing just smells like it. i no that there is recall on the gas tanks ware they crack on the top but i called the mitsu dealer and they said that i dont have that recall, so im confused. I do have a check engine light but that has been on for a while now and i was getting perfectly good gas mileage even with the light. The code from the light that i have had is a idle control motor, but the car idles fine and dosnt act weird, im not burning rich cause i would smell that and my plugs arnt white. so im very confused as to what is the problem. and i just did a oil change last week when the problem began. Im thinking it might be a oil filter but im not sure ware it is, im taking it is a inline filter which suck cause ill break the lines when i change it. but any ideas to what it might be would be helpful ty.!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    so what do you need? IAC or other?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

or it could be on how you drive it, and where you drive it...
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

i think its the gas around here i buy from the same place, mostly everytime. I got to fill up tonight im at 227 right now on a quartar tank left im going to run out a lil farther ware i can get non ethanol gas, im going to try that cause a couple people that i said this to are having the same problem up here, so i don know if we got some bad gas or a bad mixture of ethanol. we shall see.!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

I always get between 250-330 per tank. It kinda fluctuates for some reason. As on solving this problem, I have no clue.

EDIT: Holy snap, that could be the problem! When I lived in KC, Missouri, I was consistantly getting around 300-330, where the ethanol was actually more expensive than regular. Now back in Iowa, I consistantly get 250-300 where ethanol is cheaper and insinctively grab it instead because it shows a higher octane rating. But, I've heard, that even though it may show a higher octane rating, ethanol still has less "boom" than normal gas, right?

I'm not talking E-85, just the 10% blend you see normally in the midwest.

its crazy.....
    but on the gs i get between 470 and 500 miles on a tank highway.....
    and in the city, the gas light JUST came on and i'm at 389 miles... so i know i can take that to 420 easy w/o stalling the motor

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Mileage usually drops in the winter. Up here in Alaska, mine goes from averaging 30 in the summer, down to 25 in the winter. I found this thread, below, in another forum.
    http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...ng-my-mileage/

Same here fellas. I was able to drive to PA back and forth with $20. Now, of course the gas is more expensive, but I can see my gauge droppin quicker than before, so I add another $10 for the same distance.