The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Does this look like bent valves ? or is this just me ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
    TGC Regular
    I see, sorry lol the other night when i was on, i was awake for a long time workin on my engine lol, Well yes, the valves all seat up, at one point or another. I got them all to close at some point or another.

I appreachate you trying to help me to man, it means alot ! :)

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse97526
    I see, sorry lol the other night when i was on, i was awake for a long time workin on my engine lol, Well yes, the valves all seat up, at one point or another. I got them all to close at some point or another.

I appreachate you trying to help me to man, it means alot ! :)
    Okay, your valves are probably okay then

A bad injector will be a sharp ticking.

Lifter tick sounds like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRg8R8XllI0

And this is rod knock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlZvtcZ6uSA

Hope that helps.

Lifter tick can be remedied by following the FSM procedure for cleaning/bleeding your lash adjusters/lifters. Then you should probably run some better oil (Castrol GTX, Mobil1 if you want synthetic).

You're not serious about grinding your valves are you? The seats also have to be ground to match the valves... you should probably let a machine shop do that stuff.

TGC Regular
    a Bit off the subject, But i did port and polish my head + Headers =)

TGC Regular
    It is definatly like Video #1 But mine used to go away around 2-3 k revs. Now it gets lounder, not that loud more like a light tapping compared to that. But it went away around 3-5 k revs before i tore it apart.

Well i orginially switched over to mobile 1 extended performance fully synthetic . At 60 k miles, when i noticed the ticking staying more ( it came on gradually, ) it ticked very very slightyly when i first got the car, it would tick like it does now all the time, But only on start up, then stoped, and would only tick when sitting at low revs, and come and go as it wished. Not concistitant ...

Would you happen to have a link to bleeding and readjusting the lash adjusters ?

TGC Regular
    i payed 220 $ to have my machinst do all 16 on a 4g63 motor. And he found out i had an angle grinder and told me i can do it myself, so we did my friend andrews car, Works great. I was just going to do it on this motor as well, I used a drill to spin them against the head, and create the groove.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12