Upgrade

Hello, I have a 02 ES 2.4 with an Injen short Ram

I'm getting RPW headers
    AEM cam gear, Megan Racing Catback

And APEXI AFC NEO High Resolution Fuel Control
    With everything fully tuned and dynod.

Will I see any significant gains??

define significant.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    well you will definatelly see some gains yes but for all the money your spending on that stuff i would suggest a turbo if you want to see the best possible gains...the aem cam gear alone wont do anything really by itself anyway so i wouldnt get that unless you want it to look good under there

probably 5-10hp.

RobG
    wow, thought it would be more.
    I guess theres no way to get power unless you turbo the I4

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG
    wow, thought it would be more.
    I guess theres no way to get power unless you turbo the I4
    Welcome to our delima

do 5spd swap and go on the bottle...that should satisfy your need for speed for a bit.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Going on the bottle isn't always good though. NOS is a very serious and dangerous upgrade. Also it kills the life of your engine. If you decide to go turbo, hit me and the other's for advice first. It's a lot of fine tuning to get the turbo running smoothly.

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

Going on the bottle and going turbo have the save effects...you squeeze too much, youre gonna blow your engine, same with turbo...you boost too much, youre gonna blow your engine. I got a truck running 100 shot 4 fogger since 96. besides a blown head gasket...my truck runs fine. it really comes down to the driver and if they are responsible for taking the precautions to ensure detonation doesnt happen.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards
    do 5spd swap and go on the bottle...that should satisfy your need for speed for a bit.
    bottles are for babies
    real men get blown
    :twisted:

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

ya the 4g64 is a bitch without a true power adder like a turbo or supercharger but the one thing thats truly good about the engine is that its not really that expensive to build up. an theres plenty of threads on this site that offer awesome ideas an knowledge on how to get an excellent turbo set up for cheap on the car. Goosey2099 has prolly done the most cost effective turbo set up. an hes got a parts list even that is really not too difficult to get ahold of either. ill attach that thread where hes got his list an how he turbo'd his 4g64.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=60359

ouch! touche my friend! LOL! too bad my truck will smash by the time i drop 2nd gear. hahaha! anyways...my galant is slow but its cute....JDM baby

RobG
    Does anyone make a rear strut bar for an 02 G?

Ive been searching hard for one.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    And how would you install one?? unless you have a hatch back, If you do install it, I would like to see it. If I may sugest, just a sway bar from ADDCO like I have is enough.

RobG
    Thanks.

2002ShadowDeamon
    Ok, i was wondering if one would fit from an EVO? Here is one i found on ebay a while back.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB....cWAT.m240.lVI

Would this fit or not? I know that the mounts would probably have to be modded, but what about the distance?

Quote Originally Posted by RobG
    Does anyone make a rear strut bar for an 02 G?

Ive been searching hard for one.
    you can find one, it's a rear lower strut bar. Ebay sells it, don't remember the seller, but it runs around 35-45 bucks. It's chrome.

Car is sold, no more G.... Moved on to something a big more sporty.... lol

our cars can use a rear strut bar we have a semi solid rear frame... if you take out your back seats you will see what im talking about

you can get a lower tie bar but that wont do anything either our car is pretty solid at that point too

a sway bar like galantowner said is the only significant mod you can do as far as suspension on the rear of this car besides sturts and springs/coilover setup
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports