The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help belt replacement anyone?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Help belt replacement anyone?

Can anyone help with detailed instructions of replacing the Alternator and Power steering belt? 2003 mits. galant V6 3.0. Thanx :)

TGC Regular
    Pick up a haymes manual man, you need one, and there affordable, Also, Check Tutorial section :)

thanx..... kinda :? I'll get it...... hopefully :)

WarmAndSCSI
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gunz
    thanx..... kinda :? I'll get it...... hopefully :)
    Whoa, that doesn't apply to a V6 AT ALL. Don't listen to him.

Power steering and primary drive belts can be changed without doing any of that. Just look for the tensioner pulley for either drive and loosen the center nut (14 mm) and then loosen the belt by loosening the tensioner bolt (the one perpendicular to the center pulley bolt). For the power steering tensioner (inner belt), the tensioner bolt is reverse threaded. The front tensioner for A/C and alternator is threaded normally. When tightening the new belt, make sure there is no more than 1/2" deflection on the longest leg of the belt drive. Tighten the center pulley bolt back up nice and snug (around 30 ft-lb).

Have fun!

TGC Regular
    Wow, can someone delete that post of mine ? I Didnt even notice the fact that he had a v6 ;( Damn... My bad, I dont know how i missed that... i dont even rember posting it, i was so busy this last weekend.

LOL
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse97526
    Wow, can someone delete that post of mine ? I Didnt even notice the fact that he had a v6 ;( Damn... My bad, I dont know how i missed that... i dont even rember posting it, i was so busy this last weekend.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

TGC Regular
    I wanna drive a V6 ;)