The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clunk

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Clunk

After i got my car back from being worked on, ne balljoints aligntment tires, rims, all that stuff that i had done no to long ago. I got a clunk on the left side so i took it back and they want to charge me to look at it which is bs cause they had to drop the whole K frame to get the broken bolts out. so my question is what could this be. i was thinking cause the did have the sub frame droped that it could be a sub frame bushing but im not sure im just really pissed of that they wont fix what they just worked on. any input would be kool. i got nothing sence it has all new parts all around for suspension.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Experienced TGC Member
    try checking out your motor mounts first.... they do go bad.

When is it present over bumps,accelerating,braking?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Are your strut plate bushings new? Worn out strut plate bushings can cause a "clunk" noise.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

i get the noise braking, accelerating, over bumps. its getting annoying. Buy i took sometime to work on my car this weekend and fixed some stuff. im going to buy some new swaybar endlinks, and some new outer tierod ends. the sway bar endlinks look to be shot. i dont know if they will cause the problem that i am having but as longs as i have it apart this weekend im going to change them. MOOG FTW

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.