The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: instrument panel

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    BuZZeDCooKieS

instrument panel

i was installing an amp and must have blown a fuse cuz noy my tach, speedo, and temp dont work im not sure about the ags..........wear is the fuse (my int. fuse box doesnt have a cover) PLEASE HELP

Experienced TGC Member
    Fuse #6 - 10A

Looking at the fuse box so there are 3 rows, its in the center row. Its one of the 2 fuses in the center of that center row, just checkem both.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

BuZZeDCooKieS

neither

neither of those are blown...........

if u blew a fuse with the install, forget about the cover, get a needle nose pliers and check each fuse 1 by 1. u might have blown out more.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

BuZZeDCooKieS

nothing

nothing seems to be blown even under the hood!???

Re: nothing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BuZZeDCooKieS)</div><div class='quotemain'>nothing seems to be blown even under the hood!???</div>

i see where this is going. i know this all too well..take a flashlight. take a look at the fused links. they look like a giant fuse like thing. theres some in the engine bay fuse box and one on the red side of the battery cable. take the flashlight and make sure that they are not blown. look at them carefully. its hard to see if they are blown. it has a clear cover on the top. and inside looks like 2 thick wires with a blob of solder in the middle. check them all. uhm the dealer sells replacements for about 15 dollars and ur local auto parts store for about 4. but i must say, the dealer ones look more quality than the auto parts store ones...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

BuZZeDCooKieS

NOPE

none of those are blown either

IllestGalant
    trace your steps, if you ran the wire through the firewall and under the
    carpet or by the fuse block you may have pulled out an electrical connector. I don't think you blew a fuse because you don't really fuck with any of the power wires other than the one for the amp you are installing.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IllestGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>trace your steps, if you ran the wire through the firewall and under the
    carpet or by the fuse block you may have pulled out an electrical connector. I don't think you blew a fuse because you don't really fuck with any of the power wires other than the one for the amp you are installing.</div>

But if he touched any live positive wire to ground, it could have shorted anything anywhere. Thats why when you install stuff like amps your suposed to remove the negative battery cable so you dont start shorting electronics all over if you drop a live + wire
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

IllestGalant
    yes, he should have disconnected the negative battery cable but he didn't so now he should retrace his steps because running a wire through a car you shouldn't have to come in contact with any live wires from the IPC. Really, the only time you touch any wires at all is hooking up the remote wire behind the radio.

Experienced TGC Member
    Shorts are a major pain in the ass. Good luck
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon