The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: hid's

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

hid's

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-99...spagenameZWDVW
    i want to do a hid conversion but i cant seem to find a kit for my galant. would a conversion kit work for the same year eclipse? i dont see why there would be a problem. also when i do it i plan to order some jdm style headlights too just cause mine are so fogged, and they have some burn marks in them form the previous owner trying to buff then and using to much pleasure.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    um... they go by bulb type. not by car.
    ~Lady Driven~

ah. lol i think that eclipse's use the 9005/9006 setup also. im betting that would work.

1996 galant s

Experienced TGC Member Divinity's Avatar
    so whatever bulb your galant uses, get the kit for that bulb. and then choose whatever kelvin you want (4300k,6000k,8000k...)
    ~Lady Driven~

low beam on usdm heads is 9006
    high beam is 9005

jdm is h4 low beam

i would not buy hids with usdm heads. get jdm heads first

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Eh..I wanted more light output with my USDMs so I bought a cheap set of HIDs to go in until I get my JDMs...with the prices of HIDs so low its no biggie. I paid just under $75 shipped for my 6000's and they are great! Dont worry about JDMs...get em when you can. In the mean time if you want HIDs...get em. Only issue is you cannot put the cover back on after you install the HIDs on the OEM heads..just an fyi

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

i was saying that average price for hid's is like 100 spend another 50 and get jdm heads. to each their own. the jdm housings are superior to the usdms i noticed a bid difference as soon as i installed them with only halogen bulbs

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    i was saying that average price for hid's is like 100 spend another 50 and get jdm heads. to each their own. the jdm housings are superior to the usdms i noticed a bid difference as soon as i installed them with only halogen bulbs
    Oh no I dont doubt it, I was just sayin IF he wants better output and doesnt want to get JDMs right away they are great in usdms compared to regular halogens. You can find HIDs for under 100 bucks...I did. I still want JDMs too, or I might get those black housing cleared usdms (the one the seller is trying to say are JDM) they look nice too. We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=59567

Buy from a fellow TGC member if you want HIDs.
    I got mine for $75! I might get those after I switch my lights...we'll see, depends on how broke I am! LOL

so i ordered them today, not going to get the jdm for a couple weeks. i went with the 8000k. $85 shipped. not to bad. just wondering if there is anything that i have to do to the headlights before i can put them in or is it just like installing a normal headlight. cause i was looking at the pics that they have, and since they have the projector built in i dont know if that will interfere with anything.

1996 galant s

projector built in? what you talking about?

they are direct replacements

no modification necceccery really, i'd make sure the contacts for your factory harness are clean and corrosion free.

you can drill a hole through your factory headlamp weather seal plugs(the beige cups that screw on the lamp after your bulbs are in)
    most of the hid kits come with a little rubber washer/seal thing that you can use tokeep the moisture out of yoru lamps.
    i'd just drill a hole in the cups thats slightly smaller than that rubber seal so you can just pop it in place once the HID's are in.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

LOL idk they looked like they had a projector on them. but idk. i hope i like them. And i just replaced all my connectors. i was having a problem with them so i bought some new ones. i think the only problem i will run into is mounting the balist. but im sure once i open the hood ill figure something out.
    ill take some pic of it when i get them in.

1996 galant s

So i got my package today :D. Installed and i love them lol. Greatest headlights i have ever purchesed. i feel like a retard though what i was looking at was the case that they come in to protect the bulb dont judge me i was drunk. Btw im going to order another set for my brights, twice the hid ftw.

1996 galant s