The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tow-hook mounting spot?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Tow-hook mounting spot?

Howdy. Does anyone know of a good, solid point I can hook a tow chain up to on the rear of our 8Gs? I can't hardly see under the car too well due to the snow so I figured it'd be easier to post here All I could see under the rear end was weak body metal and plastic. I hope I'm just overlooking some nice, frame-mounted loop for me to hook into. I don't wanna shovel the car out, I wanna yank it out of the drifts with my truck

Well, since I didn't get any input I got off my lazy ass and cleaned a spot so I could look under the car more. I didn't see any good spots, so I settled for this hole along the passenger side:

As you can see, the hole bent a little but it worked great. My Blazer yanked it out like it wasn't even there. No shovelling for me, thank God for V8 torque

whatever you do, DONT pull from ANY suspension piece.

GaLanT
    please tell me that's just dirt on your front bumper.. if not.. then OUCH.. it hurts to see a GaLaNT in pain.. even the litest pain

Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    whatever you do, DONT pull from ANY suspension piece.
    Hehe, yea, that'd be scary. Actually my buddy did suggest hooking it to the rear sway bar. Then he suggested the metal ring the trunk latch hooks into. I figured heck, while i'm at it why not just loop the tow strap around the spoiler?

Quote Originally Posted by GaLanT
    please tell me that's just dirt on your front bumper.. if not.. then OUCH.. it hurts to see a GaLaNT in pain.. even the litest pain
    Nope, that's paint that has been painfully ground off by a concrete lamp post in a parking lot. My girl had parked RIGHT next to one and when she backed out she cut the wheel before even backing out and as she started to go just drug the front end along the concrete. :cry:

Ah well, incentive to repaint. I wanna paint it Lancer yellow

Nick VR4
    I thought all cars have a towing bracket front and back ?

Gilhuly
    not a 99 Galant - I've looked in the past