The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Offset (for rims) 18 inch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    WarmAndSCSI
    I'll definitely have to ask you for tire advice some time. My Kumho (yes, I know) ASX's are mostly bald already even though I adhere to a good rotation schedule. Not the alignment, just that 400 FWHP bit :?

Dave, you're a real asset to this forum. :)

so 18'' are the way to go!! thanks guyz

SMD
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI
    I agree, but, with all advanced sidewall technology aside, most cars that come with 19" wheels will not have the same sidewall height as a 8G Galant after you upsize to 19" wheels. Even the 9G Galant has a slightly larger overall wheel/tire diameter. You need some sidewall ESPECIALLY on the streets to absorb potholes, bumps, etc. You know better than anybody here that the tires and suspension must work as a team.
    Yup, and my 19s work great at doing everything required by anyone here. Infact they ride as good as my factory 16s, and perform MUCH better not only in cornering, acceleration, and braking, but sidewall flex is more then acceptable for absorbing potholes or other debris.

If you guys really want to go to larger tires and wheels and still preserve performance even over bumps and potholes get good quality tires.

Michelin, BFGoodrich, Goodyear, Dunlop, Toyo (anything but the Proxes FZ4). Are the five major brands I'd recommend.

Btw, I have BFGoodrich KDW2s in 235/35-19 on my customs, then 225/50-16 Goodyear Assurance TripleTreds on my stocks.

I'd recommend to anyone don't by cheap, buy the best tire you can afford. If anyone needs help selecting a nice option at your price point I'll gladly help anyone.

Tires are very highly engineered for performance, ride, longevity, noise, etc etc...
    what about these brands:

Nexen(i heard Lexani makes them :? )

and

Federal

Quote Originally Posted by SMD
    the tangerine paint kid has a guilty complex.
    AAAHAHAHAH PWNED!!

what about these brands:

and

Federal
    nexen is shit. federal is probably shit not sure though.

what about these brands:

and

Federal
    Not horrible, but they are less expensive brands, so don't expect them to perform like the aforementioned brands.

SMD
    what about these brands:

and

Federal
    Not horrible, but they are less expensive brands, so don't expect them to perform like the aforementioned brands.
    ^yeah, thats what i figuered. thanx.

what about these brands:

and

Federal
    ^yeah, thats what i figuered. thanx.
    GED is being nice... NEXEN and FEDERAL are crap.

I have an 8g with brembos all around with the evo rims. now my ? is wat offset shud I get with 18's

Quote Originally Posted by jojo03
    I have an 8g with brembos all around with the evo rims. now my ? is wat offset shud I get with 18's
    it's going to come down to the face design since those calipers are HUGE. for an 18x7.5(8), probably nothing higher than +34mm.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    glad to know that I can have any kind of drop i want w/ 18x7.5" and 45mm offset because that is exactly what I believe I'm going to get 8)

Just to throw it out there. My Rota D2 rims are 18x8 with a +48mm offset and fit great. They just miss the control arms in the rear and aren't even close to rubbing the fenders. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether they could possibly rub on the spring perches of the stock front struts... since I have the Tein SS-P dampers, there is plenty of clearance there. I doubt they would rub there though.

very good info, i gotta do my search!

Thanks fellas' :mrgreen:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12