The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gas MPG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38
    Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by run1206
    i've only got 400 miles on one tank ONCE... and that was all highway miles (no more than 55mph) for NJ -> CT -> NJ, and i'm a 4cyl.
    Yeh thats understandable. But 400mpg driving through the city with a V6? :? Ill prolly be getting close to 400mpg once i change my spark plugs. :P Ive got 107k miles on my spark plugs and still running fine! :P

*And who said foreign cars were shit???

IMO common sense is probably all you need for better mpg.

think about it. you do all the suggested maintenance on time . spark plugs, oil change, pcv valve, check the tires. you'll get good gas mileage.

clean the car. keep the outside clean. clean out all the trash and unnecessary things in your car. the heavier the car the more work it will take to move it. the more work it takes, the more fuel you use.

drive normally. if you drive like a madman, you're gonna end up making your car work more than it has to.

with that said. last time i fueled up, i calculated and I was getting over 30mpg with mixed driving on my v6.

oh yea. the tank is 16 gallons but you'll probably never fill up 16 gallons cuz there's always that last little bit that the pickup can't pickup.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant
    i've only got 400 miles on one tank ONCE... and that was all highway miles (no more than 55mph) for NJ -> CT -> NJ, and i'm a 4cyl.
    Yeh thats understandable. But 400mpg driving through the city with a V6? :? Ill prolly be getting close to 400mpg once i change my spark plugs. :P Ive got 107k miles on my spark plugs and still running fine! :P

400mpg (miles per gallon) really? So you do what 4000 miles on less than 3/4's of a tank.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead

400mpg (miles per gallon) really? So you do what 4000 miles on less than 3/4's of a tank.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i never even checked what i get...although i surprisingly do get prettyy decent milage out of it, when its time to fill it up i just go to the gas station....

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    Yeh thats understandable. But 400mpg per tank driving through the city with a V6? :? Ill prolly be getting close to 400mpg once i change my spark plugs. :P Ive got 107k miles on my spark plugs and still running fine! :P

...let me edit that... :oops:

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    thanks for everyones input, im going to need some info on what i would need to change since i have 97k miles please give full names and not letters that mean it and how much it would be to pick up also i know i cant do the work my self unless theres some tutorials somewhere

I dont have a v6.... I have a 4cyl i dont know if it matters but i do have a DE.. which is the lowest model.... but like i said im a very cautious driver... im that guy that you always want to pass because my 0 - 30mph is like 45 seconds... LOL but who cares im never in a rush for anything.. Ill speed when my car has balls to speed...
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

well you do have nice 20's no need to speed gotta show off the shoes

i hit 420 on my maxima the other day.. it felt sooo damn good.. averaged like 22mpg though lol

i got a 20 gallon tank
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

TGC Regular
    A trick my friend does with his JEEP SUV is to... ease off the acceleration as he approaches a stop sign or red light, apply brake and go to neutral and stay at neutral till it's time to get up and go. Supposedly saves him gas.. but I havn't noticed since his SUV is a gas guzzling son of a gun!
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

yea isnt that a little bad for the tranny too?

TGC Regular
    my car (2003 es 4 cyl) holds 16.4 gal...

on straight highway i get 29-33 mpg.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant
    I would assume it might be bad for the tranny on an automatic vehicle...
    I can see why he does it, though. On manual cars there are people who, instead of gearing down at a stop, they just clutch and go to neutral.. wait for a full stop and pop it back into gear 1. But the thing with automatic cars is that they don't have a clutch.. so it probably is bad for the tranny on an automatic vehicle. Just my thought and opinion though, not sure what the real facts are.
    'o4 Acura TL: Dynamic ;; AEM | P2R | Falken

Sound.Vision.Soul // Drive.Drift.Dream

understandable, people have their own things that work for them

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by komodo
    Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant
    I would assume it might be bad for the tranny on an automatic vehicle...
    I can see why he does it, though. On manual cars there are people who, instead of gearing down at a stop, they just clutch and go to neutral.. wait for a full stop and pop it back into gear 1. But the thing with automatic cars is that they don't have a clutch.. so it probably is bad for the tranny on an automatic vehicle. Just my thought and opinion though, not sure what the real facts are.
    Take this from a guy who's blown up 2 automatics in 30k miles, that will soon equal boom. Especially on a Moper automatic.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

ouch that sucks

well i wont do that not like i was gunna tho because i dont understand how it would save gas but hey people do their own things

im bumping this up because it was never solved. also could a mod put this to 8th gen problems? i dont know why i was stupid enough to post it in this part in the first place

thanks
    Last edited by 99 galant; 02-02-2008 at 02:24 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12