The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: no rear speakers or windows

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

no rear speakers or windows

My rear speakers and windows dont work, the speakers have never worked since i got the car, the windows just stopped working.. Im pretty sure my taillights work though.

I will check the fuses tomorrow, where would the fuse be at? inside dash on drivers side, or under the hood?

what else could it be?

Under the hood in a black box on the driver's side w/labels underneath the lid.

its a red 12a i belive,
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

im dumb, i only see 10, 15, 20 and 30's...

is it inside one of those boxes or somthing? how do i open them, just pull?

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    im dumb, i only see 10, 15, 20 and 30's...

is it inside one of those boxes or something? how do i open them, just pull?
    no the boxes are relay's dummy.

i checked all the fuses under the hood.. i don't think any are bad...

well i looked in the owners manual and i don't see which one it could posibly be..

actually the fuse for the radio has this yellow thing on top of it and i cant figure out how to get it off, but if that fuse was out probably my radio wouldn't work at all.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    if your front speakers work but your rears don't, that means they are disconnected at the speaker, they have a pinched wire somewhere, or they are disconnected behind the head unit. also check your balance/fade. the only other thing would be that they are blown.

as far as the fuse behind your head unit, removing it won't stop your head unit from working, but it could cause some major potential damage to your head unit.

then for your windows, check the motor and check the fuse. my guess is that it is in the console on the drivers side

they might be blown i guess.... hmmm i will get some new speakers and see if they work.

I don't think there is a fuse just for the back windows thats why i am so confused..
    how can the front windows work and the back ones not? makes no sense to me.
    well i need to re-do my door trim anyway so i will just check the connections when i do that i guess...

thanks for the help fliegendaffe.

np, that's why i am going to school for this stuff

since the front ones work and the rears dont, i'd first check the switches, make sure that they are working, and then i would check the motor to see if that still functions. just hook it up to a battery and it should work.

as for the rear speakers, what kinda radio do you have? and the speakers too? i'd check first to make sure that the radio is sending a signal to the rear speakers, play with the radio's settings, then i would check the connections at the speakers and at the back of the radio, especially if there are some aftermarket parts there. you might even go the extra step to switch the wires for the front speakers and the rear to see if the problem lies with the speakers/wires or in the radio itself.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i dont think they would be blown.... u'd still hear noise coming from them.... i'd say either rewire the rears or amp all your speakers and you avoid the problem all together.

Quote Originally Posted by thealliance43 View Post
    i dont think they would be blown.... u'd still hear noise coming from them.... i'd say either rewire the rears or amp all your speakers and you avoid the problem all together.
    this is not 100% true. if you blew the lead or the voice coil, you would hear nothing.

its the factory infinity system... and i cant really tell if i hear anything, but if there is noise its to quiet to hear with your ear right above it because of the front speakers.

well i doubt they are blown, because my center speaker isnt even blown i dont think.. anyway ill plug some home theatre speakers in and see if i get anything later today

have you got the fade set all the way to the front accidentally?