The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: stalls at stop lights :( and its auto

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

stalls at stop lights :( and its auto

ok... so the story i have to tell is a hair long..... it all started when i got my oil changed, i was on my way to pick up a friend for a concert, he was 2 hrs away, and i was gonna be making that trip about 4 times, so i thought i would change to oil quick... i took it to jiffy lube cuz my landlord is a (insert word im not allowed to use on forums here) and they are fast...

so pulling out, it was a bit sluggish, and it felt like it almost stalled... so i drove around teh block, and there was nothing, so i thought it was a fluke thing that just happened.....

since then, its gotten even worse... theres this 1 turn by my house that everytime i go through it, it fees like someone slamed on the breaks... my rps stay about the same, but you get jerked foward... then ill come to a stop light, and it will drop to about 100RPM and i have to put it in neutral while i wait, then put it in drive when its time to go... but sometimes it doesnt engage...

sometimes it will slip out of gear (mind you its an auto) and ill have to wait till im idleing and doing about 20MPH and it will re-engage, and i can drive...

i was told to check a sensor, but i forgot which 1, and also dont know where it is, then i had a mechanic tell me all i had to do was unplug the "torque lock out" switch or something... i have it written down somewhere, but im a little iffy about unplugging something on my transmission...

on another note, i had a little squeak in the belt, but it was only when it was cold... so i didnt think anything about it... then it got worse and worse... i didnt have the money to put it in the shop, so i drove it while it squealed all the time.....

then 1 day, i went to go out, and the car was dead... wouldnt start... well the belt that was turning the alt. was so loose it was barely turning it... so it wasnt charging well... well i take it to a mechanic, and tell him about this whole belt thing, and he says it will be 300 for the alt.

so i said no, its the belt... well he said the belt was fine... THE NEXT NIGHT... belt snapped and i almost lost control of the car (no power brakes, no power steering + fighting against the pump.) so i take it somewhere else, and it still squeaked, well a week later, it snapped again, and the guy said that it wasnt his fault, so i had to pay AGAIN to get it fixed:smt093:.....

</rant>

so what could cause random slipping of the gears into N, stalling when i go to a stop light, and it feeling like someone is playing with the brakes ?

You went to Jiffy Lube .... you're fucked, period. They probably drained the tranny instead of the motor so now you have a bone dry transmission and an overfull crankcase. Go check your fluid levels ASAP and then fix the problem yourself and NEVER EVER EVER go to Jiffy Lube again.

222whp/250wtq

levels werent bad last time i checked... will check again tomorow in daylite