The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Virgen 1999 Galant ES - Where do I start???

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Virgen 1999 Galant ES - Where do I start???

I just got my Galant back from the Auto Body Shop.
    I have to admit, the paint job they did really brought out the beauty of this car.
    70% of the car was re-painted, with the exceptions of the roof, and doors.

My question is with Uncle Sam being so generous this year I have about $1,000 dollars to start Modifiying my car, but where do I start???

I like to do both audio/video, and performance, but i have to choose one now.

I also have to start getting suggestions on what are the best parts tp buy for a Galant.

Any input would be greatly appreciated...
    [b]<span style='color:#800000'>1999 Galant ES Barcelona Red Pearl w/leather</span>

<span style='color:#800000'>Brembo Rotors - dimpled and slotted rotors with
    Axxis pads</span>

<span style='color:#800000'>GDI Imports Reverse Indiglow EL Gauges</span>

<span style='color:#800000'>Rosin CD/DVD Head Unit with 7" Motorized LCD</span>

<span style='color:#800000'>2 SoundStream Amps for a total of 1800 watts of power</span>

<span style='color:#800000'>6 Kicker component speakers, and 1-12" Kicker Solo Baric L5</span>

<span style='color:#800000'>1Ghz PIII AutoPC to manage my MP3 playback</span>

<span style='color:#800000'>Still thinking on what's next</span>

You can check out the pics at
    http://photos.yahoo.com/nene1120
    Last update :2/2003

buy an CAI then throw in a nice head unit an amp and som inside speakers then do some subs, but leave the subs for the spring or summer. Do the intake first.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    IF you listen to me i would say go performance, but thats just me..lol.. It is really up to what you liking is.. If you wanna be fast get the basics, ihe, then a set of springs and your good to go.. IF you like audiovisual do you, dont know to much about that stuff.
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Tiptronic
    i agree, start with a CAI, then maybe do the ignition wires and plugs, then an exhaust

Thanks alot guys.
    That was exactly what I wanted to hear, basically a non-objective review.
    I am definitely leaning towards the CAI.
    Now the question is:

Injen or AEM???

I like the polish on the Injen, and the fact that you can accessorize the fuse box and oil cap.

On the other hand AEM is the hands down leader, with the Cam Gears, Pulleys, CAI, Fuel Rails, and Fuel Regulators.

I also would like to invest in a Header, but after these two upgrades, will the engine suffer.

Should I be thinking of any other upgrades???

Thanks.
    [b]<span style='color:#800000'>1999 Galant ES Barcelona Red Pearl w/leather</span>

Axxis pads</span>

<span style='color:#800000'>2 SoundStream Amps for a total of 1800 watts of power</span>

<span style='color:#800000'>6 Kicker component speakers, and 1-12" Kicker Solo Baric L5</span>

Some would say Ingen some would say AEM. Depends. AEM has the Bypass valve to help prevent Hydrolock , INgen looks better and was suppose to be coming out with the bypass valve but hasn't as of yet. I like INjen better.

As far as Performance vs. anything I am going to go with Performance :twisted:
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I would say go with the AEM, better performance numbers have come from it.. The INjen is really flashy looking but no bypass as of yet, so they lose points.. And no your engine will not suffer just having the CAI and the ignition wire upgrades, more so it will breath better with the CAI and start smoother with the bigger wires and new colder plugs..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Just wanted to say what's up and welcome to the club, glad to see yet another new yorker
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

TGC Regular
    sweet another new yorker welcome on board man!
    - Atba

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'> the ignition wire upgrades</div>

Spark plugs?
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

why dont u come to the atlantic city meet and see which mods you like better, their is going to be a bunch of us going
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

When's the meet???

Axxis pads</span>

Gilhuly
    Remedial spelling? Just goofin