The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mitsubishi at NAIAS 2008

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Mitsubishi at NAIAS 2008

Old School Galant.

Get this information on this Galant in particular.

"Galant GTOR73-X"(1972) prototype was equipped with a detuned 'R69B' engine.

I am SLOWLY finding info now... on the R series engines.. Formula Engines. So that Galant has a Formula car motor in it.. wow.

A GP would be even so organised in 1970, under the name of "JAPAN AUTOMOBILE FEDERATION G.P." in Formule libre. In fact It appeared to be F2 with engine-blocks which should not be specially derived from a production-based cars.

There was an article in Sport-Auto December 1976 about the history of motor racing in Japan written by Shigemi Kanda translated by some unknown person on the Internet:

Quote:
    Jackie Stewart won the race in a Brabham BT30 entered by John Coombs. Kuniomi Nagamatsu finished third in a Mitsubishi Colt F2-D. Mitsubishi had some experience in the single-seaters and the first Colt F3 was seen in demonstration the day of the third Japanese GP in 1966. The engine was a overturned 4 cylinder - 997 cc - which developed 90 HP and the chassis was multi-tubular inspired by Brabham. Mitsubishi developed afterwards his engine R39 1958 cc which was put in the first Colt F2B. In 1971 the capacity of the engine was increased to 1994 cc. The Colt F-2D with the 2-litre engine R39B-type would win the 1971 Japanese GP with Nagamatsu but the foreign competitions were not so strong as the previous year. In 1972 the Europeans came back in force, John Surtees winning the race in his TS10 with a BDA engine.

Old School Starion Group A Rally Car (For Maz)

Old School Lancer Rally

2009 Lancer Ralliart (If you don't know its got a Turbo 4B11).

That first galant is sweet! I'd rock it

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    That first galant is sweet! I'd rock it
    I would too. Its got a formula series engine, sweet ride.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

How did I miss this thread, it makes my panties wet.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

I think they all look good! The 2009 Lancer Ralliart looks more like a 4x4 than our cars do! And thats horrible!

^ yea ive noticed that with a lot of mitsus, eclipses too, i dont know why they make them so damn high.

Quote Originally Posted by badmitsu View Post
    I think they all look good! The 2009 Lancer Ralliart looks more like a 4x4 than our cars do! And thats horrible!
    Except its factory Turbo and AWD, and all for $25k.