The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Short Ram versus CAI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>u forgot to mention that u take out the headlight so the intake doesn't have to search 4 air...its force fed...</div>
    Holy crap you do night time runs without headlights??</div>

i dunno about the tracks down there but the ones i go to are lit. and its not like its a road course so turning isn't really a problem. u still gots fogs and that one other headlight

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>u forgot to mention that u take out the headlight so the intake doesn't have to search 4 air...its force fed...</div>
    Holy crap you do night time runs without headlights??</div>

i dunno about the tracks down there but the ones i go to are lit. and its not like its a road course so turning isn't really a problem. u still gots fogs and that one other headlight</div>
    It makes no difference whether the tracks are lit or not. NHRA rules say that you must have lights for night runs, period. They don't have to be headlights, So I'm assuming Shane just turns on his fogs and his lights so he has taillights. By the way, the last two meets we held at a track, I don't recall seeing you...

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

T-O-P
    My CAI is custom made from the stock intake. Maybe $15 max into modifing it. With the foglight housing removed, I get air going straight to the CAI, which gave me I guess about 5HP. 5HP for $15? Why not? I didn't notice any low-end gains, but it does help the top-end.

I would explain how it's modified, but the thing is I don't know, my friend did it.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Hell, the honda guyz got there with no headlights at all.. I on the other hand just take out the driver side light and extend the filter out more to that opening.. I've seen guyz run down the track with out hoods, then seem them in the parking lot puttin it back on..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12