The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: removing the rear bumper

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

removing the rear bumper

Has anybody removed the rear bumper? How the heck do you remove it i got so frustrated i started to rip it off. How do you get it out from underneath the tailights? I cant even get the darn thing lose.

Yes I have removed all the bolts i could find. But what am i missing.

Experienced TGC Member
    Well my dear friend.. Its more than just a few bolts that you can see.. LMAO.. IN fact i wish it were that easy. You have to get up under there.. Maneuver around and you will see like a fucking billion plastic tabs... If you dont plan to install this bumper back on again.. Id cut them off because its merely impossible to get them out (my big hands couldnt do it)... But i just cut mine because i installed the rear bumper for my kit anyways... But good luck man... Hope it works well for you!

heh....

Yeah i dont plan on reinstalling this bumper and i was totally going bananas. So my solution.........take the claw side of the hammer and beat it till i could rip it off!!

Well guess what!!!!

I lost :cry:

The bumper is still on and i'm going bananas

Experienced TGC Member

Re: heh....

Quote Originally Posted by joshlong
    Yeah i dont plan on reinstalling this bumper and i was totally going bananas. So my solution.........take the claw side of the hammer and beat it till i could rip it off!!

Well guess what!!!!

I lost :cry:

The bumper is still on and i'm going bananas
    Man you just gotta get up under there and look.. Once you do.. You will see exactly what im talking about!

i dont know if the 7g is like the 8g, but my 8g had several inside that need to come off too. i know it sucked, mitsubishi couldve made it a little easier

Update

I broke my hammer :(

And i've gotten up under there and the riduclous part is the damn alan wrench nuts are rusted threw and half of the screws cant be unscrewed.

But where is the screws/bolts that are right under the tail lights!?!?

Yes i broke a all metal hammer......

K
    This is so annoying, I managed to remove the bumper on my last G (94 GlSi) but I'm currently trying on my 93 V6, seems impossible. Like shadow says you have to get your arms up underneath it, I found on my GLSi it actually had 6 bolts, so you need to get a ratchet up there. As for my current problem, as I started removing the bolts, they were so rusted they were snapping straight off :/. I've decided to leave it on to fit my rear valence.