The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car Leaking

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Car Leaking

I know this has been discussed but, im having problems with my passenger side carpet getting wet after, rain, snow, and carwashs. I noticed that its coming from over top of the black plastic piece right behind the bottom of the glove box. The black platic piece that "hides" the blower motor for the heat/cooling. When it comes in it drips from the side closest to the console. SO im thinking that its the drain for the ac....but my problem is, i cant seem to find where it goes out. Ive had my whole dash apart today and cant find it. Maybe im overlooking it, but could someone point my in the right direction please and tell me where it is?

Oh and my windshield was recently replace, and when they did some glass fell donw into the duct work so im thinking that might be one of the problems it leaks??

Thanks
    Chris
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    yours may not be the prob discussed before. have them redo the seal on your window. it could go down your window, down your fire wall, and then sit in the carpet. Raz_76 told me that

Well the thing about this is, it leaks on the passenger side,but closest to the middle of the car I seen the water dripping on the top left hand side of my rubber floor mats

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    If your seal on your windshield is gone, then the water would just find the path of least resistance and just run down the firewall and then drip somewhere. Makes sense, I mean you say that it's only doing it when it rains, so it cant be something to do with AC or Heat. Like I told him, just get someone to spray your windshield with water from a garden hose while you stick your head under to verify this and see exactly whats going on. I'm pretty sure that what it is.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 03-13-2008 at 11:38 AM

Yes i do understand your logic on what your saying. I just watched them put it in, and as much glue (Whatever its called)as they used on my car, I just dont think it would leak LOL They went arond the frame like 3 times with a quarter inch bead. ALSO the windshield was put in back in the last of november, and it sat until middle january through all that snow and never leaked. So i dont know, i will do the test that RAZ_76 said, and i would still like to know where the ac drain is so i can check it.