The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Galant Owner

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    JMDKID 3000

New Galant Owner

What's up forum? New Galant, 2003 ES spec. It is cold as sh*t here in Philly, but when it gets warmer I am thinking of making some modifications to her, primarily in horsepower upgrades. My question is, where should I start with upgrading? Do I go right into putting a Turbo kit on it? Something else? Somebody tell me something, please.

welcome to the club...check out the east coast forum...Hot Import Nights in Philly March 15th...you should come and hang out
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

personally, b4 u start modding, u should stop and think. think about what u want to accomplish, think about the weak spots ur car has, think about ur budget. some go for looks some go for performance. some like forced induction some stay naturally aspirated. u gotta think what u want b4 u buy so that the mods u get can help prepare u for what lies in the future

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Welcome TO TGC,, yea dont forget HIN,, march 15....

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

TGC Regular
    congrats on your new ride you picked a nice car and welcome aboard to tgc.
    - Atba

Welcome to the board, U R in Philly already HIN March 15 be there you will probably get more ideas and help than you ever thought possible, and some probably get some good ideas from other members rides.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

Senior TGC Member

Re: New Galant Owner

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JMDKID 3000)</div><div class='quotemain'>It is cold as sh*t here in Philly, but when it gets warmer I am thinking of making some modifications to her, primarily in horsepower upgrades. Â*</div>

I've always wondered...what does being cold have to do with car mods? I mean understand when there's 26 inches of snow like recently but I never stopped modding when temps dropped down in the 20s out here. Maybe I can finally be enlightened As for the turbo idea...well it's all great but remember sooner or later you're gonna need to buff up that tranny and the engine internals.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've always wondered...what does being cold have to do with car mods? I mean understand when there's 26 inches of snow like recently but I never stopped modding when temps dropped down in the 20s out here. Maybe I can finally be enlightened </div>
    I bet you have a heated garage don't you Peter??? :laughing: I don't, and am not interested in laying my fat ass on the pavement when it's 30 degrees. Is that enlightening enough??? :laughing: :laughing:
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've always wondered...what does being cold have to do with car mods? I mean understand when there's 26 inches of snow like recently but I never stopped modding when temps dropped down in the 20s out here. Maybe I can finally be enlightened </div>
    I bet you have a heated garage don't you Peter??? :laughing: I don't, and am not interested in laying my fat ass on the pavement when it's 30 degrees. Is that enlightening enough??? :laughing: :laughing:</div>

That's what I'm saying. I was running a kerosene heater when I installed my chassis stiffening kit, but I still froze my ass off...that concrete was like ice. Now I need to change the oil on my car. I have been trying to wait for it to warm up, but no luck. Plus it's too damn expensive to get more kerosene for the heater. I can't wait too much longer though.

Anyway, welcome to the club JMDKID 3000. If you are serious about performance, I would look towards the RIPP MODS super charger. Otherwise, if money is an issue, I would start with an intake and exhaust.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've always wondered...what does being cold have to do with car mods? I mean understand when there's 26 inches of snow like recently but I never stopped modding when temps dropped down in the 20s out here. Maybe I can finally be enlightened </div>
    I bet you have a heated garage don't you Peter??? :laughing: I don't, and am not interested in laying my fat ass on the pavement when it's 30 degrees. Is that enlightening enough??? :laughing: :laughing:</div>

he lives in texas remember. to our standards its warm there 99.99% of the year lol.

but yea cold weather hasn't really stopped me from modding either and i got that "heated garage" the only time i remember it stopped me was when it was 20 degrees outside. i got sick. i was painting my calipers in a t-shirt and shorts. well i was stupid for not dressing up. but yea the sickeness didn't stop me, it was the temperature, the paint wouldn't cure. thats one of the few times i've been stopped

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Galant_01

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I've always wondered...what does being cold have to do with car mods? I mean understand when there's 26 inches of snow like recently but I never stopped modding when temps dropped down in the 20s out here. Maybe I can finally be enlightened </div>

he lives in texas remember. to our standards its warm there 99.99% of the year lol.

but yea cold weather hasn't really stopped me from modding either and i got that "heated garage" the only time i remember it stopped me was when it was 20 degrees outside. i got sick. i was painting my calipers in a t-shirt and shorts. well i was stupid for not dressing up. but yea the sickeness didn't stop me, it was the temperature, the paint wouldn't cure. thats one of the few times i've been stopped</div>
    You know that actually it was like 17 degrees here in Texas last week. Maybe not down there in Houston but up in Dallas it does get cold!

JMDKID 3000
    Hey Rallifan, if you want to come up here and be my personal mechanic, that would be awesome, but don't forget that airfare, food, lodging, and entertainment is all on you. So please get in touch with me when you get here and I will give you directions to get to my house. Thanks Ralli!

P.S.- I don't have a garage and my house is on a hill, so it will be so much fun for you to work on the car as the snow melts at the top of my block and slowly trickles down the street and onto you...but hey, you're a navy guy so I'm sure you're used to the water, have a safe flight!

seattlesuperman
    welcome to the club