The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: wind noise at freeway speeds??

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    creativ73

wind noise at freeway speeds??

I am wondering if there are any decent fixes to eliminating or at least reducing the wind noise inside the cabin that I get when driving on the freeway. It sounds like it's coming from the windows or the door jams. I think this is pretty common on our cars. I've seen those plastic ferrings that people have put on their doors. Do those really help cut down on the wind noise? And also, I haven't seen them on a Galant, so I wonder if they would look stupid or alright or what? Any tips would be helpful, thanks!

I don't know why you stated common......Couple of my friends have Galants and they never had this trouble and I myself never heard any wind noise at any speed.......

But to fix it, you might wanna check all your weather stripping for deteroiation or cracks...Oh, actually go search this on the 8g Service Manual, it gives you a step by step guide on tracking wind noises and how to eliminate them. I forget what title it was under in the manual but I am sure you can find it....Good Luck!
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

another thing to check, especially if u have been in an accident is the alignment of the doors and windows...

but yea for a permanent fix, just turn up the radio...or get ur spouse to start nagging, i bet u'll forget about that wind noise then lol

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Jeff
    i got the wind noise too, but I tracked mine to the windshield. Apparently, one of the seals on the bottom of the windshield is leaking...i sprayed the windshield washer fluid and some landed on my airbag...and when there's snow on my hood and i don't brush it off, it flies in...not alot, just enough to piss me off. when I redo my interior, I'm gonna silicone the whole area.

I think its common too, My galant makes it, another one I test drove has it, and 2 different 3g eclipses i test drove all had the same wind noise at highway speeds.

Shut off your radio and listen at 70+, its almost like a windows is partially open :?

Jeff
    that's exactly what it sounds like

Well there are always bad apples in a bunch......I guess I am lucky as I don't have that problem........People were complaining about their glovebox shaking and vibrating too but I also don't have that problem.......I guess my G is the lucky one.........
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

Like NRG says, there must be some manufacturing issues. I too don't have that problem. At 70+, I think NO car should sound as loud as wind thru a crack in the window... that is just damn LOUD! I'd inspect and pull at all the rubber weather stripping; every inch of it to see if there is a problem with installation or alignment, especially around the windows and the sides of the doors.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Airbus A320
    Almost every review I have read about the Galant has stated that wind noise is a problem at higher speeds. I wanted to fix this problem but everything I tried never worked. Then I inspected the car all around the outside to see if everything was flush with the body and I realized my left headlight was not flush with the body. I had a small gap between the turnsignal part of the light and the side of the car. Once I re-aligned it with the body the noise was gone. Just make sure all your panels and things are flush with the car. The wind noise is probably coming from a part on the car creating unwanted drag.