The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dealer keeps adding too much oil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    Wow, a lot of replies! I adjusted the oil level back to the top of the full mark on the dipstick. I take it to the dealer because because they are so cheap and when it was under warranty they would frequently find other things to fix under the warranty. Now that it is out I may do it myself. The V6 is very well designed in that the oil filter is right next to the drain bolt. Can't get much easier. On our Montero Sport there is a skid plate that has to come off.

Where ever I take my car for an oil change, they always put a little too much oil in. It doesnt appear to have caused any problems so far.

I am however buying oil pans and service ramps so I can do it myself, and put the right amount of oil in.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    The only time someone else touches my car is for an alignment and even then I drive it on the alignment rack. Most techs these days don't know shit.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Heh, I only let people I know do alignments on my car. Most shops wont do what I want them to do, and even then I dont want someone I dont know and trust screwing around with my car.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12