The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Power Steering...... Frozen?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Power Steering...... Frozen?

It is well below freezing here and has been for days, last night I went through an automatic carwash with underbody wash and everything, drove home fine, parked overnight, then today when I started driving I noticed I had no power steering, the fluid is full, Think something might have just froze or what? Any ideas?

I don't know how likely this is, but the fluid may have frozen in the hoses from being exposed to the water. I don't know what the freezing temp of hydraulic luid is, but that's a possibility. The other possibility is that the pump itself may have frozen. The last idea is a blown fuse, although I don't know if there's a fuse for the power steering and I don't have access to the manual from work.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

if u go to the service manual, there is a diagnosis for ur power steering. just do all the steps, just like how the dealer would

https://thegalantcenter2.com/8GManual/37a.pdf

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I finally got tired of having no power steering, I made an appointment to bring in my car to the dealership to be looked at under warranty, got set up to pick up a montero sport loaner while it was getting fixed, backed out of the the garage today to drop it off at the dealer, and notice the power steering just started working again, and been working fine since....... wierd........