The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: No Heat!!!!!!

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    2003gtz

No Heat!!!!!!

So I got in my car last night and I realized that I had no heat. This is a problem that was happening before when I would stop at a light my heat would go away, once i started going again my heat would come back again or i could rev the gas and it would come back but now nothing works and i am freezing. Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be?

check to see if you have a thermostat, first , if you still dont have heat replace your thermostat, it staying open allowing the engine not to heat up enough.

2003gtz
    where will i find my thermostat?

on the driver side ware the upper radiator hose leads too. Its in there just take that stuff off and you will see it.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

2003gtz
    great thanks a lot

I had problems with the actual actuator that selects the ducting to direct heat. I removed the box and put white lithium grease on all the contact parts. But it will still act up every now and again, probably because I rushed through it to get it fixed...

maybe you should stil replace your actuator, its probally weak and ready for a replacement

where si the actuator?
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

You need to pull the blower assembly out, it is on the top. There will be a few other visable moving parts that should be hit up with grease also.

You will hear a sound when you swich to cold to hot on the controler if the actuator is shot.

it should be where you lubed the cables , at the end of the cable it looks like a metal dome piece with a vaccum hose attachment at one end.