The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cheapest way to lower?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Cheapest way to lower?

I've been reading alot of the posts on the forum, and it seems that the best ways to lower are progress springs or coilovers. Seems like its an absolute must to get new shocks and struts also. Right now I am in the process of purchasing some new 18" rims, so I am short on cash. Thats why I am looking for the cheapest way to slam my ride. Any suggestions would really help...

1. Cheapest way to lower my ride - ? And no matter what choice i go with, will I need new shocks and struts?

2. Off the topic but - 18" rims (18x7.5) will not rub most of the time - Correct?

Thanks

if your factory struts aren't blown Id suggest the Factory Struts with the Progress Springs. I had them with 18" rims and there wasn't any problem. if you need struts thought then you'll have to find a cheap set. the only option I have seen that's really worth the money are the KYB AGX Struts anything else would be uncivilized. As far as coilovers. don't go with anything cheap. take it from me. Ground Controls are the best way to go. I know all the things I am suggesting are a bit costly but trust me you don't want to buy something then have to turn around and buy what you should have bought the 1st time.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

I got progress with 18s and no problems
    I got 31,000 miles on my car now, and they were installed at around 22 or 23,000
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Yeah I had my progress springs on stocks with 18" and I had no problems til I tried to put the rest of my kit on and realized with Virginia roads the way they are I need to raise the car back up.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah I had my progress springs on stocks with 18" and I had no problems til I tried to put the rest of my kit on and realized with Virginia roads the way they are I need to raise the car back up. </div>

VA/DC roads suck! I can't wait until I move, and not have to worry about beating up my suspension every time I go somewhere!

tell me about it... I can't wait to go back to Florida. Where even if it's always under construction it's smooth.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"