The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: can anyone recomend a good strut bar?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 35

can anyone recomend a good strut bar?

Looking for a strut bar to go wirh my new suspension set up. I dont like how the ebay strut bars look. They look crappy. Can anyone give me some links? I am loosing my touch finding things on the net, thanks in advance.
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

I have a DC sports strut bar. It is better than the ebay ones and the freedom design one as it is one piece and doesn't flex. RAZ_76 is selling a carbine strut bar in his for sale post. I have heard that one is good as well. Also some members have used the strut bar that comes stock with a 00-05 eclipse
    DC sports Strut Bar
    keep in mind as well that you can use the strut bar from an 00-05 eclispe they are the same as the ones for the galant.
    Last edited by mrjaydeeone; 04-25-2008 at 08:26 PM
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

will the v6 eclipse strut bar fit? I have a v6.
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Yes it will.

oh wait u answered that question, thanks!!
    Mods:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-01...spagenameZWDVW

do u know if the rear one fits too? or the bottom one?
    Mods:

Those are crap dude. Anything with a swivel is a waste of money. I had them and it did nothing. There are 3 strut bars that work the best.

The cheapest is a 3G stock strut bar
    The second is a DC strut bar for about 120 bucks
    The third is the one I have an dthe best I have to say, very light, yet strong, has a stopper for your brake master cyclinder and looks nice. Those are Carbing and cost 300+. Or buy mine for 200 shipped. It's only like two months old.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 04-25-2008 at 10:47 PM

^
    x2

we dont use a rear one
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjaydeeone View Post
    I have a DC sports strut bar. It is better than the ebay ones and the freedom design one as it is one piece and doesn't flex. RAZ_76 is selling a carbine strut bar in his for sale post. I have heard that one is good as well. Also some members have used the strut bar that comes stock with a 00-05 eclipse
    DC sports Strut Bar
    keep in mind as well that you can use the strut bar from an 00-05 eclispe they are the same as the ones for the galant.
    x2

RRE FTW!

I believe they are discontinued though

So the next best bet is the DC or Carbing
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post

dc is discontinued as well, but can still find them pretty easily out there

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    RRE FTW!

i have 1 of the RRE braces (prototype) and think i was like the second to have it (the original tester was a GTZ owner who is very close to RRE and has a heavily modded 2G GSX)... but there were only like 20 ever made total, so it's super rare and almost impossible to find. the DC bar is probably a better performance bar (but was not released until like 2005) since it is double bars in a single solid, welded structure, and has all three strut bolts as mounting points... the CARBING is probably the best, but is overkill (although overkill is sexy!).

So it's recommended to buy one of these for an I4 02 when I get my Tein S-techs and KYB GR-2'S?

Black '02 2.4L ES ~ TGCLI

It's not recommended. Just a nice upgrade. Better on turns. I would get the rear sway bar before I get the front strut bar. The rear sway bar does a lot more then the front one since we are front wheels drive. The front strut tower bar helps too but the rear sway bar is more effective as far as I can tell. I tested it and that was my conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    It's not recommended. Just a nice upgrade. Better on turns. I would get the rear sway bar before I get the front strut bar. The rear sway bar does a lot more then the front one since we are front wheels drive. The front strut tower bar helps too but the rear sway bar is more effective as far as I can tell. I tested it and that was my conclusion.
    Oh okay I got you, does DC make a rear sway we can use?

Black '02 2.4L ES ~ TGCLI

We dont need a rear strut bar, the rear deck is reinforced enough, you cant install one anyway. You just need a sway bar for the rear and you are good.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 04-27-2008 at 11:20 AM

did all 00-05 eclispe's come with strut bars? also does it matter if it is v6 or 4 cyl? Mine is a v6
    Mods:

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    We dont need a rear swy bar, the rear deck is reinforced enough, you cant install one anyway. You just need a sway bar for the rear and you are good.

i think you mean rear strut bar. cuz the rear sway bar is actually not that big. and is DEFINITELY possible to replace.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

can someone help me find a stock 3g strut bar, please!!!!!!!!
    Mods:

Rez can find you one. I just bought one from him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast