The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New motor question

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

New motor question

I blew my motor on friday i have already ordered another one but im having trouble on what parts i should but to build my new motor,please help!!
    I already have these parts:intake,underdrive pulley,Safc,NOS,fpr.
    I am going to buy: headers and a new muffler
    What kind on piston and rods do you like for NOS and forced induction combined? What about ignition boxes? Rods? cams? Let me throw you a curve i will drive this car everyday. So i need the best hp,torqueand reliablity!! Pleaes help me out.

b19wheels

Blew your motor?? WTF??

How the hell did it happen??
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

TWISTED II
    ordered another one? like, you just went out and bought an entire engine? do you know what exactly happened to the engine? chances are there was no damage to the block and heads and you didn't need an entire new motor. but then again i dunno whats wrong with it. post some more info and i'll be able to help you out.

Well i pulled the driveway and i waited for the right rpms and i hit the NOS as soon as i did that the car took off hard and about 3 sec later i heard a spark plug hit the crank. As i was getting out the car i heard i loud pop. When i popped the hood my Mass Air sensor exploded knocking a hole in my radiator and my filter looked like someone put a bomb in it. I took the plugs out and sure enough #2 plug was gone at the bottom. I didnt know how that happened those plugs were 2 weeks old and that was my 7 time spraying with them.Today i am going to take the head off. But im sure that motor in gone. Besides i will use my old head for a port&polish job. Im not really trying to save that old motor. I already had plans to built another one anyways just not this soon!! Im just a little lost on what parts i should get especially with a upgraded ignition and some good valves.

TWISTED II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(B19WHEELS)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well i pulled the driveway and i waited for the right rpms and i hit the NOS as soon as i did that the car took off hard and about 3 sec later i heard Â*a spark plug hit the crank. As i was getting out the car i heard i loud pop. When i popped the hood my Mass Air sensor Â*exploded knocking a hole in my radiator and my filter looked like someone put a bomb in it. I took the plugs out and sure enough #2 plug was gone at the bottom. I didnt know how that happened those plugs were 2 weeks old and that was my 7 time spraying with them.Today i am going to take the head off. But im sure that motor in gone. Besides i will use my old head for a port&polish job. Im not really trying to save that old motor. I already had plans to built another one anyways just not this soon!! Im just a little lost on what parts i should get especially with a upgraded ignition and some good valves.</div> ok, i have no idea. i've never heard of someones MAS blowing up, or a filter exploding. sounds like a lil critter made a home up in there and you tried sucking him through your intake or some shit. and maybe i'm not understanding, but did you mean you pulled out of your driveway and hit the NOS?

SuperchargedGTZ
    well as far as parts, i would call RIPP and ask them about their pistons and any other parts that would help you along the way. Ross has a wealth of knowledge about rebuilding engines so give him a call

Well Twisted i stay off a buisy street and i pulled out the driveway waited til 2nd gear and started spraying then.Thanks GTZ27 i will give RIPP a holla on Monday.GTZ27 have you upgraded your valves?Where can i get some cause im going to get that Vision Import stage 2 cam and you have to upgrade that vavle springs so why not get the valves too!!!

NOS the #1 killer of cars.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

TWISTED II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(verywhite01)</div><div class='quotemain'>NOS the #1 killer of cars.</div>
    especially 3 seconds after he leaves his driveway, lol.

Senior TGC Member
    It kills cars when it's 50 below outside, you first start up your car after 3 months, and immediately after starting your car you decide it's time for a quarter mile run with nitrous
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Well i can say one thing, I kicked alot of Honda ass with chrome 19's,4 twelve inch woofers and tha car seat!!! Thats what its all about. It just got worst for tha Honda guys cause im going to make a real monster now!! I feel good about this i would rather my car break down racing myself than racing someone else..Oh yea i just bought some 470cc injectors and 190lb fuel pump today for starters!!

TWISTED II
    i blew my motor in the middle of a race. i think i would rather have it that way. cuz at least when people ask you why you blew your motor....you can say in a race. and not "well i was just leaving my driveway AND I HAD TO GO FAST!" ha ha, i'm just playin. and is you beating hondas really something to brag about? they are slower than us stock....and they will be slower than us, if we add NOS. just like it would be dumb for a Z28 with NOS to be like "i beat a galant." HA HA HA. sounds funny? i still can't get over all the people that think if they beat hondas, they are like, in the next level or something.

Twisted, sometimes you just seem to contradict yourself. When I said I took out three Si's at the track, this is what you told me:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>theres no way around it, galants are slow, lol. maybe compared to minivans they seem fast.....but get into an actual race scene, and galants are not fast, unless they are built. talkin trash about cars that are faster aren't gonna make them slower. its like unreal how some people talk shit about hondas, seriously. i can see the ricers and shit, but to generalize "honda" or "civic"....not right. fishboy....wow, you first state you don't know your hondas, but you talk some major trash man. i'm not an "Si lover", i just think a bunch of adluts whining about a civic is childish and thought i would give my 2 cents. and i'm sure there are some galants that have beaten Si's, i have, doesn't mean they are all slow. cuz once my motor is done, i'll be givin stock Z06 vettes a run for their money, but what.....ya'll gonna start callin them slow since 1 galant beat one? some people need to grow up.</div>

And now in this post you say this about beating a Hondah:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>and is you beating hondas really something to brag about? they are slower than us stock....and they will be slower than us, if we add NOS. just like it would be dumb for a Z28 with NOS to be like "i beat a galant." HA HA HA. sounds funny? i still can't get over all the people that think if they beat hondas, they are like, in the next level or something. </div>

So like, according to you.....are honda's fast and we shouldn't talk shit or are they slow and we shouldn't be bragging?
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

BlankMan

J

TWISTED II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Twisted, sometimes you just seem to contradict yourself. When I said I took out three Si's at the track, this is what you told me:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>theres no way around it, galants are slow, lol. maybe compared to minivans they seem fast.....but get into an actual race scene, and galants are not fast, unless they are built. talkin trash about cars that are faster aren't gonna make them slower. its like unreal how some people talk shit about hondas, seriously. i can see the ricers and shit, but to generalize "honda" or "civic"....not right. fishboy....wow, you first state you don't know your hondas, but you talk some major trash man. i'm not an "Si lover", i just think a bunch of adluts whining about a civic is childish and thought i would give my 2 cents. and i'm sure there are some galants that have beaten Si's, i have, doesn't mean they are all slow. cuz once my motor is done, i'll be givin stock Z06 vettes a run for their money, but what.....ya'll gonna start callin them slow since 1 galant beat one? some people need to grow up.</div>

And now in this post you say this about beating a Hondah:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>and is you beating hondas really something to brag about? they are slower than us stock....and they will be slower than us, if we add NOS. just like it would be dumb for a Z28 with NOS to be like "i beat a galant." HA HA HA. sounds funny? i still can't get over all the people that think if they beat hondas, they are like, in the next level or something. </div>

So like, according to you.....are honda's fast and we shouldn't talk shit or are they slow and we shouldn't be bragging? </div>

you can't say "honda" i don't understand you. can i say all chevys are slow? no i can't! well, if i'm talking about a cavalier, yeah they are, but if i'm talking about a Z06 vette, no they aren't. see what i'm getting at? chances are, this guy was talking about some lil riced out civic DX or something. and in this case, they are slow.....but in your case, which has nothing to do with this one, they are faster, cuz we're talking about a different honda. grow up, sure like to hold grudges.

TWISTED II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>

J</div>

whats so funny? that you found someone as ignorant as you?

BlankMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>whats so funny? Â*that you found someone as ignorant as you?</div>

Actually, if you must know, ass, I found it quite funny that yet another person on this board is having some - uh - difficulties - with you.

J

TWISTED II
    yeah, pretty funny. i think people have problems with me cuz i'm not like all the other noobs in this forum. i'm not your typical "intake exhaust, hondas suck" person. i'm not gonna say hondas suck just cuz everyone else does. i also don't fall for everyone BS about their cars and when i prove them wrong, they start raggin on me. i.e. shane. i'm not here to start problems....but when i see people lying out their asses on this board, like shane, i need to set them straight. i don't think its right that all the new galant owners in here are fed constant lies. and its sad that i'm the only one that can see through all the BS on this board. and as for this guy, well, the ignorance in the posts about hondas made me reply to it. it was like, a week or 2 ago......and i guess hes still thinkin about it and decided to bring it up again. nothing better to do i guess.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, pretty funny. Â*i think people have problems with me cuz i'm not like all the other noobs in this forum. Â* i'm not your typical "intake exhaust, hondas suck" Â*person. Â*i'm not gonna say hondas suck just cuz everyone else does. Â*i also don't fall for everyone BS about their cars and when i prove them wrong, they start raggin on me. Â*i.e. shane. Â*i'm not here to start problems....but when i see people lying out their asses on this board, like shane, i need to set them straight. Â*i don't think its right that all the new galant owners in here are fed constant lies. Â*and its sad that i'm the only one that can see through all the BS on this board. Â*and as for this guy, well, the ignorance in the posts about hondas made me reply to it. Â* it was like, a week or 2 ago......and i guess hes still thinkin about it and decided to bring it up again. Â* Â*nothing better to do i guess.</div>
    No actually, you're one of the last things on earth I think about. What I actually did is recall that your opinions contradicted themselves and took the opportunity to bring it out in the open. I guess they just cancel each other out....like i'm doing with this post just because I'm tired of hearing you. Peace Out. :Fuckyou:
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.