The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: unlocking all doors with key

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

unlocking all doors with key

This is brand new issue. It was working just fine up till about a week ago. I used to be able to unlock all the doors to the g with the key in the driver side but now I always have to hit the button on the door panel to unlock all the doors. The key will lock all the doors fine but just won't unlock them. Anyone know what the problem could be?

Ms Heather B

try hitting the key pad twice for the unlock feature and all of the doors will unlock. the unlock button of course

i dont have a remote

Ms Heather B

TGC Regular
    If you turn the key twice it should open all the doors

it's not

Ms Heather B

it used to open all the doors just turning it once, I remember having to turn it twice towards the back of the car with my 97 g

Ms Heather B

Quote Originally Posted by Misobitchi View Post
    it used to open all the doors just turning it once, I remember having to turn it twice towards the back of the car with my 97 g
    what i just tried it with my key and it works, dude thats cool, check your power lock fuses or dont turn it all the way

if the fuse was out wouldn't it not work w/ the button on the door panel

Ms Heather B

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    behind the lock cylinder theres a sensor that attaches to it that allows you to do that...chances are it fell off the cylinder

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    behind the lock cylinder theres a sensor that attaches to it that allows you to do that...chances are it fell off the cylinder
    so I would have to take the door panel off?

Ms Heather B

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    yep...you'd take it off and pull the clear plastic weather thingy on the top left side and if thats your issue you'd see like a cap connected to wiring hanging and you snap it back on to the cylinder