The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: it died :(

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

it died :(

so i was driving to a friends place for some food... im going up this hill, and it feels like im driving with the e-brake on, my rpms are up, but im crawling along... so im driving along, and all of a sudden, i lose power... well i loose drive.....

i stop off on the side of the road (in busy rush hour traffic, small road connecting 2 parts of town, very busy)

i put it in park, shut everything off, turn off the engine, and let it sit for a min. then, i start it back up, put it in drive, and i roll backwards like im in neutral. so i put it in park, climb out the passenger window, cuz people are... well a word i think i might get in trouble for useing here... and call my mom. she calls a tow truck, and about 2 mins befor the rigger shows up, a cop shows up and starts giving me a hard time cuz i called a shop i trust instead of calling one rite up the road.

so as it stands rite now, car is at the shop... he "will be able to get to it monday" im told. and ive got no way to get to work till then.

AND, this is rite after i get a viper security system installed..... :(

damn dude that sux! hmmmm maybe tranny? :( i am sad for you.....
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    sorry man, keep us updated

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Proto
    Time for a 5 spd swap. Just finished one on a 94, took me about 3 days for a complete gut of the donor car, parts car, and install everything.

MitsKits8g21
    Sounds like what mine did 2 weeks ago and it was the tranny that blew. So good luck!

Was there no CEL on??

Welcome to my life. Sorry about it dude, same thing happened to me couple days ago.

thats what mine did when mine blew, certain days it would catch but only for a few feet.

thanks again shadow19!
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

so i talked to the guy from the garage today, and he confirmed what i thought, that it was the tranny.

i was thinking of the 5 spd swap, but i really need my car back. i have work all week and no way to get there till i get my car. hes looking around for a used auto tomorrow, then he will call me with some prices.

a CEL on ???? assuming u mean check engine light, it has been on since i cleaned my MAS. and i followed the directions exactly on the can. so either my CEL came on for the tranny, and the MAS problem is all in my head, or the tranny tripped the CEL but i was already ignoring it from the MAS. damn that little light... so yea, i hope he can get the tranny and fix it fast, i called out 2 days cuz i was sick, so there no hope for me to call off due to no ride.

hope its warm tomorrow cuz it looks like im skateboarding to work :(

MitsKits8g21
    Your damn lucky if the CEL did come on. Mine never did and the bitch was running hot as hell. But I swear I didn't blow the tranny on purpose just to do the swap.

Next time, when you have a SES light on, don't just ignore it, pull the codes.

Quote Originally Posted by MitsKits8g21 View Post
    Your damn lucky if the CEL did come on. Mine never did and the bitch was running hot as hell. But I swear I didn't blow the tranny on purpose just to do the swap.
    Yeah, I had a SES when it was too late already :D

well i called the mechanic, he has had the car for 4 days, and cant get a tranny... so im gonna be calling around to a few other places once i post this... kinda pissed me off when he expected me to be looking as well, i mean that y i gave it to him, so HE could do the work...

u can get a tranny from car-part.com, you can easily find 1 on there for a good price and they ship fast.
    Last edited by jonk8123; 05-10-2008 at 08:06 PM

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

Quote Originally Posted by jonk8123 View Post
    u can get a tranny from car-part.com, im getting a 2g eclipse A/T turbo tranny from there soon, then im gonna start on my turbo, you can easily find 1 on there for a good price and they ship fast.
    You have an 8G ... you can't use a 2G trans ...

222whp/250wtq

your right, im wrong i need to do more research i still dnt kno much about turbo so im still reading
    Last edited by jonk8123; 05-10-2008 at 08:10 PM

2000 Galant ES 2.4L